Skip to content

Disappointing service experiences in the past 5 days...Proxies, hosting, Captchas. Kinda ridiculous.

Not what I would have hoped would be my first post to the forum, but wanted to speak up and at least share experiences.

Bought proxies from BuyProxies.org, one of 10 dedicated worked from the get go, after email tag for over a day they refunded my money and said it was fraud. Seems a perfect excuse not to back up your service. "wash your hands" as they say. That was a waste to time.

PowerUpHosting proxies, of 10 only 4 worked initially and since  then they have all died running 30 threads in GSA SER along with public proxies. (Am I an idiot here? Please say so if I am). Have been playing email tag with them for a day not also. Still no working proxies.

Stablehost.com for hosting. Opened account. Placed on "verify". After a day, emailed support. They said it was fraud and asked me to verify billing. I did. They said it was being escalated to "level 2" after another day. I replied don't waste your time. Please refund our purchase. Haven't received a refund. 2 days have passed.

Hawkhost.com for hosting. Opened account. Placed on "fraud" immediately. Contacted support was told it was they cannot open account, "sorry". 

BanditIM.com for text captcha service. Purchased, added to GSA SER and at some point stopped working, not sure when. Can't log in, tried to reset password, no email is arriving to reset password, now service appears to be working again randomly. Haven't given them time to work through this quite yet, but overall raises red flags.

I understand that no service is perfect and things have outages, but overall, as a small business owner myself I'd just like to point out that good service, no matter the price point, seems so hard to find when you rely on providers to give a service, go through the effort to research, choose a partner, then deal with what seems to be constant issues, it makes loyalty very hard to justify.

Not sure if any of this will help anyone and I'm open to ideas on how to get better service, find better partners. 

Caio

Comments

• dont feed the troll
  • edited October 2014
    because you are really fraud, the informations are fake and you are blacklisted on maxMind. You admitted that you got the fraud from too from Stablehost.com and Hawkhost.com 

Also your internet is very slow, that's why all the providers are sucking for you

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Definitely seems to be a problem with you. Are you using a VPS or your home computer? What country are you in? Seems like that is part of the fraud problem. You're likely from a country which has higher instances of fraud and makes providers take extra precautions so they don't get caught up in fradulent activity which hurts their bottom line.
  • Thank you for the helpful insights @Brandon We actually have quite a number of providers we have been working well with so forgive me for not listing those to balance out the post.

We're using an office computer w 30mb internet. We're located in the US. If someone knows something we should know it'd be appreciated to share so we can avoid those hassles in the future.

Since that post Hawkhost has reached out and settled our account offering compensation for the hassle and set our hosting up as agreed.That was cumbersome, but in the end we hope it will grow into a relationship.

@Buyproxiesorg I don't know your business, but in my business we try to resolve things since lifetime customers are priceless. That may not be feasible for your business. I'll never know. 

• There's a proxy provider here called Mexela, maybe you can try them out.
  • BlazingSEOBlazingSEO http://blazingseollc.com/proxy
    @tykesmurf - Well luckily I decided to check this thread out :). We've been down for only about 15 minutes in the past 2 weeks (because of a big update), so I'm really not sure what to tell you there. Make sure your API hasn't been compromised and make sure your internet connection was able to connect to our server. If you continue to have problems, please open a support ticket at banditim.com/support and I'll gladly help you out.
  • @cheapcaptchaCS

Thank you for the tip! We did actually happen upon them the same day we posted the above information and they have been great! They went above and beyond to ensure our SER and Scrapebox settings were correct so things worked as one would expect, but isn't clearly defined anywhere. That's not necessarily what a proxy company should have to do, but then again if your product isn't working, a little customer service can go a long way to earning a customer.

Also poweruphostingcom has been helpful though we still get intermittent service with their dedicated proxies using Scrapebox on the lowest possible settings.

Thanks @BanditIM We haven't observed any problems since we last spoke. Thanks for the prompt service!