Skip to content

Why do my pages not index correctly?

I have made alot of sites, they always indexed fine. But I made a new site 2 days ago which I plan on ranking each post like www.site.com/post, but when I type "www.site.com/post" in google I can only see tag and archive pages indexed altough I set them to no-index in the yoast seo plugin. Also my disclaimer, tos and about page seem to get indexed altough I discluded them in my robots.txt.

I submitted a sitemap with excluded category/tag pages etc. and still it didn't change. I even signed up to google webmaster tools and did the "fetch as google" option, still no results.

Now comes the weird part: When I type "www.site.com/post" on my mobile device, it seems like it got indexed fine. When I check on my PC or a VPS only the category, tags and archive pages are shown.

I hope someone can help me.

Comments

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Worth taking a look from a VPS/IP/VPN in a different area (Thus you'll connect to a different data-center). It may be that your local data-center/results simply havent updated yet.

I see this all the time; A site will be ranking, and bringing in traffic, but I might not see it at home for 2-3 days.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    Sounds like its not all indexed properly yet as you mention the site is only 2 days old and some of the pages are showing and some or not on different devices (desktop & mobile). Give it 2 or 3 weeks and then check again.