Skip to content

Changing VPs provider will I lose all my data?

Hi

My VPs provicer are crap!!

Nothing but trouble and causing me to lose work, and then downgrade my VPS without telling me after they did maintence.

How can I change VPS while taking all the work I have in my GSA SER now with me after i reinstal?

Will I have to set up everything indivdually again?

Comments

• It's just like changing to another computer. You just have to back up things and then put them in the new VPS. I recommend backing up all your data to Google Drive and then restore them on your new VPS. You will, of course, have to reinstall SER and other software Maybe there is a quicker way... But this gets the job done.
  • But you know how the tiers are set up, the data in them, will I have to fill out that out again or can i export it all then import the data to the new installation?
  • There is a backup option in SER. Just go to options and you'll find a button on the bottom left. You can backup everything to a zip file and then simply restore it from the zip on your new VPS.
  • Its not backing up my projects though

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @michlap - Right click on a project > modify project > backup all projects. 
  • You have to do 2 backups:

1) As s4nto0s said: Right click on a project > modify project > backup all projects.
    2) Options (on the left of start) > Backup Settings (down on the left) - (This backup include your lists and proxies)

That's all!

Later you will do the reverse for restore all your data on the new VPS and Gsa Ser

Have a good job! :-)
  • Thanks so much guys!