Skip to content

keyword anchors below 10%

whats are the setting to "keep the keyword anchors below 10% to stay under the radar."

Comments

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    edited September 2014
    If I understand your question correctly, you need to go into your project settings and tweak the % distribution to match that.

Basically, balance all those percentages out to match what you want. Distribute 90% to your generics, branding, and domain as anchor text settings.
  • @1linklist Would an ideal link diversity be:

5% target keyword
    5% LSI keywords
    90% generics, branding, domain as anchor text

This is good right? Can I be a little more aggressive with perhaps 15% LSI keywords?

And can the anchor text diversity be more aggressive for parasite pages, or should I just focus on building more volume of links with the same link diversity?

And is it OK if I concentrate my resources on building tiered back links only to those links with target keyword and LSI anchor text? (SERlists guys recommended this)
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Monie - Generally speaking, there is no correct answer. Not to mention in some niches people can get away with 40% exact match, and in other niches you would be crazy to go above 1%.

So given that environment, the best strategy is to get very conservative to start. I think 5% is fine, but I personally like 3% - but we're splitting hairs, lol. I also like starting out with 5% LSI as you suggested.

The thing is if you start conservative, after time, and if the results aren't there, you have the ability to increase things like LSI. If you come out of the gate hot and heavy, and it doesn't work, you will have less options to play with.

And if you create more than one website in the niche (recommended), then you can play with different % distributions to see what works best. One website is really not a valid test.

Yes, you can be more aggressive with parasite pages. And yes, it makes all the sense in the world to only tier underneath meaningful terms. The team left a quick tutorial on a thread that discusses this specifically: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/13811/serlists-tutorial-optimizing-tiered-linking-campaigns

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    edited September 2014
    Hey Monie,

Looks good to me, however I'd scatter your percents a BIT. (dont exactly match percentages on any of your settings).

Also, keep your generics low. I can tell a SER campaign in 2 seconds flat if more than 10% is "Generic".  I give heavy focus to branding and domain as anchor text in my own campaigns.

I'd definitely concentrate my tiered link building on propertys with my target and LSI anchors. Not entirely - but primarily. (Say 70%ish).  Dont underestimate how important those branding propertys are.

Hope this helps!

-Jordan