Skip to content

Split List feature for Global Identified Lists

Problem - 

I have a domain.com which has 100 URLS and has 100 projects under it, domain.com/url1 is project 1, domain.com/url2 is project 2 and so on. 
Previously I was manually importing lists using Import File function and then split the url's for 100 projects.

Recently I signed up for @1linklist's service which uses 1sync technology and places new files in identified folder everyday at a specific time. This way I don't have to manually import lists any more. This solves a big problem.

At the same time, I'm facing another problem - If identified list has 100 url's, my 100 url's are building a link to each of those url's (10000 links), now this happens everday. 

This is a red flag for Google as it sees that one domain (domain.com) has 100 links to it from 100 URL's of a site (site1.com from identified list), which is highly unnatural. There's no doubt you will be penalized by Penguin algorithm.

@sven Here is a solution I propose which would help all users of GSA SER who are using similar service to overcome this problem.

Solution -

Provide an option to Split List (each project a couple of URL's) in Global Options.

Do let me know if this can be done and if you will be including it in next version of GSA SER.

@1linklist, @loopline, @gooner, @ron, @2take2, @Satans_Apprentice What do you guys think about this? 

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited September 2014
    I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve here mate.

If i understand correctly you want each project/URL to not have links from the same domains as another project/URL, is that the idea?
  • sagarpatilsagarpatil 1LinkList Ninja
    Yes that's right, but I want it to be done from identified list, I don't want to do it manually using import file feature.
    @Sven‌ No?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

right now i have no plans adding this. What you can do however is this...

1. create one big file with all urls in you want to submit to.

2. do not use site lists but rely just on imported sites.

3. import that big file to selected project and say yes when asked to split it.

1. create one big file with all urls in you want to submit to

@sven - This file I'm talking about gets updated everyday with new target sites. Will they be automatically added to the projects if I've only imported once? How would the split file function work in that case?

I hope I've been clear in stating my feature request. Let me know if you want me to further elaborate.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Of course updated site list files will not be update a imported file.