Skip to content

Is there a memory leak in SER now

I haven't been running SER for a while. Five days ago, I updated to the latest version, and now I'm having memory problems (constant out of memory).

I had set the SER to reduce the threads on 80% CPU or 3GB. After 8 hours, I came back and I have 1 thread running and the memory is pegged at 3GB.

I looked at the forum, and I tried the stuff from this thread:
https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/95282/#Comment_95282

After removing the dead accounts, SER was starting up with around 500MB for 180 threads instead of 1GB, so I thought this might be my issue fixed. It turns out now, it take 12-16 hours to do the same thing, so it's just delayed the problem. My CPU usage stays constant in the 20-30% range. If I up the memory past 3GB (I set it at 6), somewhere in the 3.5GB range, the app errors because it's a 32-bit app.

What data can I collect when the usage is high to help Sven debug this? Is there anything else I should be looking at or trying. Like I said, I started back up about 4 days ago, so the problem happened before that.

Thanks,

Oatmo

Comments

• I thought it`s only me. I used to run SER at 1,3k threads with about 20 projects. Now I have 10 projects with 700 threads and after 10 minutes of running I get "out of memory". No idea how I can fix that.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can try sending me the project backup and I have a look what eats up your memory.
  • ok. Once it get's back large again, I'll save a backup. I'll send you a personal message with a download link.
  • Seems I have to run with the scheduler, or it goes over memory.