Skip to content

GSA SER - how to remotely check if the VPN is down or GSA still running

Hello,

I have issue with my current VPS. I have GSA SER and CB on it.  I checked before 1 day and all was good. But today I do not have rdp access to my VPS. I have no way to confirm if GSA SER and CB are still running or they are stopped due to some restart/shutdown or other issue. I contacted my provider, but honesty their support is not very accurate and we have some holidays here. I could move GSA SER AND CB to another machine. But if my current VPS provider is under  DDOS attack, most probably it will bring my VPS back at certain point in time (hours/days), I will have 2 parallel copies running...I have only one license...

Comments

• VPS is back online, but it will be nice if we have some way to remote move/transfer the license to another machine.

• theruskitheruski From Russia with Heart
    For checking if VPS is online, use something like uptimerobot.com which is free.

To see if GSA is running I have not tried but think you cud upload a vbs script which sends email to you if GSA service not running.
  • Got you, some nice ideas here, will give it a try!
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Open up cmd and type "Ping serverIP". If your servers up, you'll get a response. If its down (Or at least if the networking is down, meaning no internet connection) you'll get no response.