Skip to content

No Engine Matches messages on a global verified list

edited September 2014 in Need Help
1. I right-clicked a project with only contextual links checked and imported target URLs from the global verified site list (5000 URLs). It's now posting the articles to these contextual targets as it should.

2. I did the exact same thing with a 2nd-tier project (same verified list). Now I'm getting a lot of "no engine matches" messages only for tha tproject. NOT ONLY THAT, but if I check the list of target URLs sometime later, it's EMPTY.

Well this is really weird. What could the problem be?

Comments

• Also checked my tier 1 project and it has posted 30 links so far (I have set it to 30 links per day). But when I check the target URL list it has gone down from 2500 to just 30 URLs.

Generally, what can cause target URLs to get deleted from a project (and so quickly too)?
  • Now the URLs seem to be back in the target URLs list. But now my second tier project is building links to my main website! Dunno what the hell is happening!

I guess I will re-create all the tiers and projects from scratch. :(
  • "Generally, what can cause target URLs to get deleted from a project (and so quickly too)?"

I just imported ~7000 sites that matched Articles, Web 2.0 and Wikis.  GSA went thru them for my Project in about 5 minutes.  My Targets to post to is also 0.  It's back to looking thru the Identified lists.

But that is to be expected.  Just because I found 7000 sites, GSA has to see if it's really anything it can post to.  Just because the footprint matched doesn't mean much.  Scraping your own list is great but it's a slog.

I recently purchased a verified list from SERLists.com.  I've blown thru that already.  Lots of "no engine matches" or the site just isn't there anymore.  Pretty normal.

Specifically the "no engine matches" means for my project that is only Articles, Web 2.0 and Wikis.. there's a lot of sites that are in that list but don't match any of the engines I've selected.  Maybe some can be used for another project.  It sucks that even a verified list can go bad so quick.  But from what I've read, it seems pretty normal.
  • From what I gather, the folks who are getting 200 LpM are using Verified lists, multiple projects, multiple emails, and not really filtering out much.  They crank up the threads on a good VPS and let it rip.

So when I started, I was a bit confused too.

Until I realized I was using very tight filters and raw lists.  So LpM for me is meaningless.  I'm happy if I get a link or 2 verified per project in a week.  But if it's of higher quality .. I really don't care.  I'm ranking sites with ~60 backlinks.  To me, the # of backlinks is meaningless.  Especially if it's all from crap sites.  Stuff does work, I'm not going to debate the success of people here but you can rank just as well with a very good high quality money site and a good backlink profile. 

What I've found is that depending on how you use GSA, your results will vary and the expectations are different for different uses.  I had to give up the 200 LpM ratio when I realized I had but 1 project with uber tight controls.  You just aren't going to post to PR 3+ sites (articles, wikis and web 2.0) 200 LpM.  It's not gonna happen.  Especially when you have no list or a purchased list that includes a lot of sites you didn't opt to use for the project. 

I'd suggest looking at the Log file (copying to notepad and looking) or logging to a file somewhere and looking thru it every so often.  Just to make sure there's nothing really wrong with the setup (bad emails, banned proxies, network down, etc).
  • edited September 2014
    Check this out.. finished a 2nd scrape.  Had 84345 sites, removed dups and came with 74000... GSA already blowing thru this list.

I'd venture to guess out of that list.. I'd be darn lucky to get 5 submitted and 1 verified.

Lots of "no engine matches" or it doesn't meet my filtering criteria.

I might just let GSR become the scraper so while I'm not making the new list to check, it can go out on it's own and maybe find a site or two.
  • @mda1125‌ Thanks for all your detailed replies. If you check on the other thread that I created recently, you can read about my recent experiences in scraping and testing URLs in SER. I think buying fresh lists is the best strategy for me right now to actually rank my sites and earn some moolah.
  • Buying a list is the way to go if you value your time.  Problem in my case is... my filters are so tight, 95% of it won't match anyway (I am not using at this moment most of the engines and the PR is very low, plus they come from various non-english places).  So even with a Verified list, I am lucky to get 30 verified sites from it.  That's just me, my filters and my own usage.
  • @mda1125 That's cool. You can always use the lesser quality links for tier 2. If you mean to build such super-high quality links on tier 1, then you should probably look at other tools like FCSNetworker or Rankwyz or even some kind of efficient manual link building. ;)
  • I am using FCSNetworker for my Web 2.0 properties that I manage.  I am only using GSA basically to create what I feel are higher quality backlinks without putting the effort forth into actual management.  I use Kontent Machine for the content, etc. 

I see very little need to get 17,000 crappy links pointing to anything.  Unless I want to use GSA to spam my competitor and attempt to get them a manual penalty to do the Google mea culpa dance.

I might open up what I think Tier 1 is for GSA.  Forums aren't bad IMHO and neither are social networks.  2 properties this project isn't using but maybe should be using.  It would make my Identified list more useful as I am skipping all those sites at the moment.
  • edited September 2014
    @mda1125‌ So you are dismissing the whole idea of tiered link building? Interesting... Thats an opinion I haven't heard before. Are you actually ranking your sites without using T2 links?
  • I am ranking sites without Tier 2 links and most certainly without Tier 3 onward.

I'm not really dismissing the idea of... more like I don't care to build such types of sites.  I see no point.  Some of the sites ranking for long tail keywords only have 65 backlinks (no SE shows the whole story though).  I am easily outranking sites that have way more post and way more backlinks. 

My goal is to use GSA in the best method possible that meets my standards.

I see no reason to have 12,000 links coming from the same domain.  If I were Google (and I'm not) I'd just count that as 1 link from X domain.  He who has the most backlinks is not always the winner.

Plus if I have a decent backlink profile, I might last longer.

GSA is pretty amazing.  It's a tool that can be used in any manner the user wants.  I choose to use it in this manner (not saying mine is the best) and it allows that.  I get very different results from the rest who use it and like I mentioned, I don't think in LpM because that's not gonna happen.  Not until I have 100+ projects with a Verified list that would be worth millions!  :-)

I'm happy to build a very good, high quality site, and try and use GSA to boost my rankings.  I use it like a Sniper rifle opposed to a machine gun which it's fully capable of doing.