Skip to content

Explain difference in output

I'm fairly new to GSA, but I've noticed a pattern that I can't explain.  For example, I'll setup 5 almost identical campaigns - all are using the same highly spun articles, same GSA settings, same number of email addresses (although each campaign uses different email accounts), and I'm submitting to the same list of urls.  What I'm hoping someone can answer is why I consistently have one campaign that will have around 6K verified links, while the other four campaigns only have around 800 verified links. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry but a bit to less details to find the issue. In the end it can in fact be the emails being blocked or inactive.
  • Thanks for the reply Sven!  I have a couple of questions for you.

(1)  On average, how many email addresses do you use per campaign?
    (2)  Are there certain email domains that you recommend?  I've been using hotmail and yahoo accounts.
    (3)  What type of information can I provide you that might help trouble shoot this issue further?  Screenshots of all of my settings?
  • ronron SERLists.com

@ebanezer:

1) 10 per project, and change them once per month (or sooner as you see fit)

2) Yahoo

3) Take a better look at the project settings for that one project, and compare every setting with a good project. Something is not exactly the same. Guaranteed (assuming it wasn't something like emails).

• @ron

Thanks for the info!  I compared every option for all 5 projects and they were all the same.  The project that received the most links was the first project in the group.  I noticed that I did NOT have the "randomize" option ticked for Forum Nick and Forum Password.  Could this have caused the problem since they were all using the same Nick & Password (and hence set some sort of footprint might have been established)?  As an example, I was using a Nick like:  iamawesome{1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0}{1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0}.
  • ronron SERLists.com

No, I don't think that is it. Check the URL field just for the hell of it.

When something absolutely weird happens like that, instead of wasting time, you are probably better off cloning a successful project as a template, and then modify. Nothing bad will happen if you throw out the old project and use a new one (after all, you are a new user). The OCD in me would love to know the answer, but the businessman in me knows your time is better used just setting up a new project.

• That's too funny!  I am exactly the same (OCD), but I definitely agree that moving on makes the most sense.  Just wanted to check with the experts and make sure I wasn't making an obvious rookie mistake.  I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.