Skip to content

VPM and LPM Help

Hi,

I scraped 350k URLs earlier with G scraper. Removed duplicate URLs and was left with about 260k.

I imported these in to GSA SER and started my campaign. I am running at 500 threads. Started with just 1 outlook email address.

In the first hour I got 450 Verified links. Then the VPM started to drop so I chenged email accounts... but it is continuing to drop. Now sitting at about 3.2 VPM??

Any ideas how I can increase my results?

How are people scraping lists of and posting to 100K verified links within a couple of days or less?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    The short answer is better footprints.

You need to test and research good footprints mate.
  • Thanks,

What would you recommend for better footprints?

This was my first scrape with G Scraper so I just used the footprints that come with donaldbecks video guide?

I can't understand how I was getting a load of verified per minute for the first hour, but it started to drop consistently afterwards?!
  • Its possible that you had not removed duplicate domains, and if link was already posted there in your project it would not post it twice (for some engines). 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @londoncalling - Yea it sounds like you had a lot of duplicates and that's why the VpM dropped so much after a while.

Footprints is a whole topic on it's own. To do it properly, you need to scrape each footprint individually and test the success rate - You'll also need to account for how many results that footprint produces, too few and you'll end up with lots of dups.

Footprint Factory is pretty good for creating new footprints too.
  • @londoncalling,how many emails are you using? and how many proxies are you using? these are factors that can have a great impact on your vpm, don't use more than 20 emails on 1 project and don't use less than 20 proxies if you are running higher threads.
  • edited September 2014
    @gooner @young_gooner I have now increased to 15 hotmail accounts, pop3 enabled, spam filter disabled and have seen slightly better results.

I am using 10 semi-dedicated proxies from buyproxies.org plus I add 1000 daily scraped public proxies. This runs at 500 threads most of the time, but sometimes drops for a while and then increases again.

When I first start the campaign it starts running at about 20 vpm then slowly over a couple of hours decreases more and more... after 3 hours I was at 5 vpm. ( I have allowed posting to the same site again in settings)

You can see below.. I restarted at 18.30 so for the first hour I would have created links at 366 for the hour.You can see how the verified links are slowly decreasing each hour?? CB is running at 80% success which I think is pretty good?!

Also here is the chart for today. So am I right that if I was creating a list like the people who sell them on here, today I would have only generated a list of 359 domains? because dupes need to be removed? How are people creating 100k domain lists in a couple of days?

Are the types of links being created good or not? i.e. mostly article, forum and social network?

Thanks in advance
  • The secret to creating 100k verified domains within a couple of days is simple, 
    1.Large quantity of proxies
    2.Fast dedicated servers,
    3.Knowledge on how to scrape (most valuable information)

in your case,running 500 threads with only 10 SEMI-dedicated proxies is not a good idea at all..And about types of links you created,that soley depends on your seo goals,there are no good or bad links in my opinion,its the quantity and quality of the links that matter, but to be on the safe side,avoid forum links. Also use other different types of emails like yahoo,Aol,mail.bg,etc.
    But otherwise,keep it up mate :)
  • edited September 2014
    @young_gooner thanks for your reply.

What I have is 10 semi-dedicated proxies and 700 tested working public proxies (scraped daily.)

If I stop SER campaign for a while and then press "start" it goes straight up to 500 threads, and in the first minute I will get 30+ verified links.... 2nd minute 20/25 then it slowly goes down, and by about 10 minuted I am lucky to be creating 5 vpm and threads up and down between 15 and 100?? I get quite a few shock errors and download failed.

My computer is average, just 6GB RAM I am happy to get a VPS/ dedicated server and more proxies but I do not want to spend out if it doesnt improve results... do you think that by getting 30-40 semi-dedicated proxies aswell as a VPS or dedicated server is going to massively increase my VPM? If so any suggestion for a good affordable server / VPS?

As for scraping, I imported a list of 3 million keywords into G scraper and used the footprints that is provided as part of donaldbecks video course.... do you think this is ok to start with or is this method bad?

Thanks again
    :\">