Skip to content

Questions about GSA SER

Playing with SER for a month now & running quite a lot campaigns (For basically 2nd tier & 3rd tier that's why didn't pay much attention) but I guess I don't know much about SER yet, I have few questions about The SER.

1. How GSA finds targets ? searching the provided keywords to search for or It's just search & when matches with the engine It's posts ?

2. What is engines & how really it works ?

3. ('ve asked in another post) sometimes I will have links scraped particularly from a particular topic, say "Life Insurance"  I will use these verified/gotten links to build link for lifeinsurance.com & I will not want any other links on to post to....How to I do that ? Use the verified list ? How do I set the verified list for that particular projects ?

4. & @Sven would you please add a feature in "Search Engine to Use" to find links to post on...there can you add "Choose all Google SE" "Choose All Yahoo SE" these type like you did language wise or should  I save them once & then upload each time myself for each project ?

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    1) It scrapes from the search engines using the built in footprints and for some platforms it will combine a keyword + footprint. After it finds some sites it will see if they match an engine and will then try to post.

2) Engines are .ini files that run on a scripting language. If you learn the language you can code your own: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/script_manual

3) I explained in the other thread you created.

4) You can right click in that search engine check box and choose, "check by mask" and then type in *Google*. That should select all Google SE's. You can do the same for Yahoo, etc.