Skip to content

SEO question - It makes sense build links to nofollow web 2.0?

As the title.
I always thought that nofollow properties are important for have a good variety of backlinks, anyway it makes no sense to build tier and backlinks toward this kind of links because they don't pass any juice being nofollow.

For example, yahoo answers and youtube are great backlinks, google love them and I can see them on my google webmaster tool a few days after I build them, anyway usually I don't build T2 over them because they don't pass any juice.

But I just saw a tutorial were the guy was building tiers directed to nofollow links (eg. livejournal, fizzlive, squidoo, etc) ... @-)

What do you think?

Comments

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    They may not pass juice "Directly", but it makes your link profile look a bit more natural. Not saying you should waste to much time or effort on those properties, but if your building your tiers then SOME of the no-follow properties should get some links.

Having nothing but do-follow links tiered to more do-follow links would be a bit of a give away ;)
  • I ask "what would my mom do?"

If my mom said "I want to blog!"  Do you think her next question will be "but only if it's a DoFollow blog."

Probably not.  I build to any Web 2.0 property that I can.  In the end, it's close to a 60/40 ratio anyway.  Some higher PR, some lower, some good DA some better PA.  Overall, a pretty inconspicuous natural looking profile.
  • Thanks to both, but I think that neither of you understood well my question (or probably I have not explained well) :-)

I said I know that nofollow are important, my question, in other words, was:

Q.- When I build tiers of backlinks (with gsa ser) toward my t1 tier, that is a mix of dofollow and nofollow properties, do I have any benefit blasting also the nofollow T1 or it's better only blasting the T1 dofollow?

Anyway,  while waiting answers here, I made the same question on another seo forum and many people told me it's a waste of time/resource, exactly what I always thought....
  • ronron SERLists.com

Just build to dofollow for purposes of flowing up the linkjuice.

On the nofollow, build enough links to get them indexed, and to have some diversity in link profile.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited September 2014
    @peterperseo - This is 100% coincidence, but our newest tutorial is covering this topic in a little more depth, and with some totally cool SER tricks you may not know. I know you are on our list, so you are really going to like this tutorial.  >:D<