Skip to content

why do i still get verified links when i have verify links set to Never/Disabled?

title says it all, i set GSA not to verify links yet i still get links under verified, why is this?

Comments

• What type of links are they? Take SEO Indexer links for example. When you go to create a backlink it creates a dynamic page which auto places your link and you get your "link already present" message in SER which would equal a "verified" backlink.

Or if you have already commented on a URL and you go to place a link again it will say "link already present" and would be a "verified" link.

There may be other explanations but this is what mainly comes to mind.
  • ive noticed on article links and blog comments. but either way is there a way to prevent links from showing up in verified column and only showing up in submitted column?
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    No way to get around this Mdsurf, I've noticed the same thing.

@oldfusser more or less nailed it, some pages show your links dynamically. I'd bet if you went and manually placed links on the sites showing up in the verified column you'd see some variation of your link showing up DURING the posting process. Possibly a preview page, or a dynamically generated page GSA passes by during the posting process.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Quite honestly my understanding has always been that - with the exception of platforms where comments or article submissions are moderated - everything else is instantly "verified" because the link drop is immediate. So no need to go back and check.

I may have oversimplified it, but that is how I always thought of it. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Certain links get verified instantly if:

1. When to verify is set to automatically and the link is seen after posting on the result page

2. When to verify is set to automatically and the engine is scripted to verify instantly (first verify=1 or 0)

3. An engine is scripted to not verify a link at all (on a success message extract the link and never check it)