Skip to content

How to only use your list of directories to register your site?

Hi there,
My question is quite straight forward, I want to upload my information to a list of my own of web directories and I do not want GSA to scrap for additional directories with the usual footprints that it uses.
If I uncheck all of the directories types under the directories platform checkbox then the fields that I want to submit info to and that I filled in with my own info are hidden / not showing up anymore.
Iimported a list of a few hundreds URLs and I would like to use this and nothing else to do my submission. How should I proceed if this is possible?

Many thanks.

Comments

• just select none for the search engines to use for scraping. If no search engines selected then GSA will only use the urls you have imported yourself.
  • Thanks for your answer. Maybe I misunderstood it but my point is that when I Unselect / select none of the platforms to submit. It makes Disappear the fields in which I have put the information that I want to send to my personal list of directories. So I cannot send it / submit it and it is my problem right now. 
  • Create a new project and fill in all the necessary data including platform you want to post to.

Select the project -> right click -> import target URL -> from file and then select your list that you want to post to.

Also i think you have to have search engines as none since you don't want to scrape the search engines.
  • Yes, well I indeed import my list of targeted url's. I did try everything. Imported URLs without any platforms checked. Imported URL's with directories platforms checked any without country restriction. Then same set up with countries restriction.
    None of it yields any kind of interesting results....
    Thanks anyway
    Any idea welcome