Skip to content

CB not supporting AltoCMS Simple Captcha

edited September 2014 in GSA Captcha Breaker
@Sven, can you also start supporting AltoCMS captcha. Check the screenshot below. Most of the AltoCMS CB skipped.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

you probably have unchecked that type and treat every unchecked captcha as not present. 

That type is included but with a low success rate.

• CB has Mediawiki (crc) at 100% success rate but all mediawiki crc are processed through mediawiki (ocr) in CB which shows 70%.  I've just had over 15,000 Mediawiki (crc) captchas go through CB and didn't attempt to solve not 1.  Not even one attempt but CB has both at 70% for one and 100% for the other.  Is there anyway this could be fixed?
    @cecilDee, this is not related to this thread really
  • I am running a GSA SER campaign with GSA CB.

I can see AltoCMS listed in my list of Captcha Types, and it is checked.
    it says it has a 5% success rate (I guess that is a generic number?)

But in my case for 'Recognized' it says 251/432, which I guess does not mean it has recognized 251 out of 432, but rather that it has failed 251 times and succeeded 432 times. Is that correct?

I wanted to ask about that. If the message log says "recognized as XYZ", does that mean CB thinks it was a successful submission?  Most of these AltoCMS attempts, I can see the green (successful?) "Recognized as XYZ" message, but I can tell using my naked eye that the answer is not correct at all. For example, I can see that the image says 92T071 and that the answer provided was 9ZT071 (which is close, but different). Yet CB thinks this was right. 

So, does this mean these captchas are actually rather lenient, and are returning a success message? Or, does it mean that CB is mistakenly thinking it was correct. I have many other examples, where the match is not as close as the example I gave.

In fact, I see this happening for many captcha type, not just AltoCMS. 
    edited October 2014

>But in my case for 'Recognized' it says 251/432, which I guess does not mean it has recognized 251 out of 432, but rather that it has failed 251 times and succeeded 432 times. Is that correct?

No, it means it found a solution of 251 captchas from 432. 181 answered with no result/empty. 251 with a result. But that doesn't mean it's a good/correct result. Most likely it's not (just 5% from the 432).

CB does not know if something is correct or not.

• So, in the above case, you just mean that in 181 attempts it came up with nothing, and and in 251 cases it came up with something? I  spent some time doing the captchas manually, and it seemed that when I provided my input, only the number on the right was increasing, not the number on the left. I suppose that is because technically CB did not provide that recognition.

Of my article engines, I seem to have the most verified from AltoCMS. If the success rate is really around 5%, I guess that means that my submitted is 20x my number of verified? wow.

In terms of allowing the captchas to pop up for the user (me), I can see the setting for that in the (universal) Options, but is there a way to allow/disallow that on a per-project basis?

Is there a way to set up SER/CB so that only specific captcha types are popped up to the user (me) to solve?

>..but is there a way to allow/disallow that on a per-project basis?

Yes, you can set it in project options to use 1st service, 2nd, just user inout and so on. Just click on the label (2nd checkbox from top).

>Is there a way to set up SER/CB so that only specific captcha types are popped up to the user (me) to solve? 

Only in CB as SER does not really know what type of captcha it is. CB however knows and you can use the "Manual Input" as captcha service in options. Together with the option to only use the service (manual input) for tagged types, it will just popup as you wanted it to.