Skip to content

Random Anchor Placement In Article?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
How do you make GSA randomize the anchor text link?

For instance, article is about dog training. The phrase dog training is in the article 5 times in different areas. How do you tell GSA to randomize which key phrase it uses? I've been doing it manually and it's quite a large footprint when all my anchored links are in the first paragraph for 150 submissions.

Being able to choose randomly where the anchor text is placed would be outstanding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Another Quick Question: how do you disable the links that get inserted at the end of an article? I write an article, include the link in the body manually, but when GSA submits it, it adds another link to the bottom of the article based on the URL I entered into the URL section at the top of the project. I don't want that to happen.

Comments

• As far as I know , Random Anchor placement is not implemented yet.
    Take a look here
    forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1310/article-feature-request-more-natural-looking-submissions

• Ahhh.... okay.

And that second question.... is a link at the bottom of the article unremovable? If I put my own link in the article, I normally don't want one forced at the bottom of it.... yet GSA does this without my asking. Any way to change that?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>Being able to choose randomly where the anchor text is placed would be outstanding.

Thats already happening. If your anchor text is defined with "dog training" and you either use %anchor_text% or the word "dog training" in the article, it will place a link on a random position.

> is a link at the bottom of the article unremovable?

Yes if a link can be placed as in the above thing or if you directly use %url% somewhere in the article.

• I'm going to test this now. Thank you SVEN.

I'll come back and post my findings.
  • Just did a test and in the test window, I do not see the keyword being used as anchor text. If I insert the the html code manually, I can see it in the test window -- but it's not inserting it randomly as you said.

anchor text is 1 keyword and that keyword is entered 4 times in the article. Ran the test 15 times and the url was not inserted once into the article.

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong -- but I'm not sure what -- the anchor text is definied, the word is in the article several times and I see no anchor text being inserted into the article when I click the "test" button.
  • edited December 2012
    Sometimes , some macros and functions doesn't work in the test mode but works perfectly when you actually submit to sites. Yes , it sucks but it was like that with me before. I didn't try your random method before so to be sure that it's really working try to submit an article without any links or macros. Just make sure the anchor text do exist in the body.
  • Alright, I'll try that. Thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry thats true. The link insert will only take place on submission and not on test. I might change that for upcoming version.