Skip to content

Importing My Own Target URLs

Hello GSA Community!  Hoping somebody here can link me to a post(s) that talks about what I want to accomplish.

1.  Import my own list of target URLS (some forums, some blog comments, some profiles for websites)

2.  Only post to that target list

I know how to import target sites but where I get stuck is...

Telling GSA to post to them. 

Maybe it's because it doesn't what those sites are and I didn't tell it?

When I import the list and start the project, it just sits there.  The sites to post to (site types) is totally unchecked.  Maybe I need to check them all so it has an idea of what types to post to and then it will just use my target URL list?

I have a disconnect in this concept.

If you can help, I would very much appreciate it.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Select the platforms you want to post to and make sure you fill out all required fields in the data tab. In the option tab, look for the search engine selection box > right click > check none. Also, if you don't have your global site lists setup, you can uncheck the option "use urls from global site lists if enabled".

Now you can import your URLS and let it run. 
  • Ah... I understand why I would want to not use Global Lists and I understand why I would want to turn off using Search Engines (as I have the list I want to use). And I understand I need to setup all the data fields (comment, description, etc)

What I don't understand is...

"Select the platforms you want to post to and make sure you fill out all required fields in the data tab"

So when I import the Target URLS... what is the next step? 

To select the platforms? 
    In general like blogs/forums/web2?

If I am reading this correctly, I could select all platforms but it won't matter because if a target URL matches a platform selected, it will post, it not, it won't.

• I imported 2 target URLs.

1.  All Search Engines are not selected
    2.  Turned off use Global Lists
    3.  Checked all "Where to Submit to"

Start the project and it just starts submitting to tons of sites.  

I only want to submit to my imported Target URLs.
  • I think it's working now... but for the list I imported, I see this error...

"no engine matches"

I would guess that is pretty self explanatory.  Those are forums where I need to manually create the link.  I just wanted to use a list I have of all types of sites to automate the process.  I'm probably looking to use this tool in the wrong way.

But at least it does work!  Not sure why it went crazy when I first started it.  Probably because in order to get all those boxes to show (website title, profile picture, etc) you have to select all the places to submit.
    Yes what I meant by that is you should select the platforms you want to submit to under "where to submit". Then you fill out all the data fields like anchor text, article fields, etc.

No engine matches simply means the URL doesn't match an engine so its can't post to it. If you use a good list that is scraped with targeted footprints, you should have less "no engine matches".
  • I think that is where I was confused.

1.  The places I would submit to, I don't know the platforms they are on (some are just profiles on a website)  And if you don't know the types, it's hard to pick the engines to pick to get the data fields you need.

2.  I'll have to look into using Scrapebox to find myself a nice list of such footprints with URLs I can then import as I'd know via the footprint, what platform the site would be on.
    1) You can click the big options button > advanced tab > tools >  import URLS (identify and sort in). This will detect the platform automatically.

2) You can grab tons of footprints from SER. Go to big options button > advanced tab > tools > search online for URLS > add predefined footprints.