Skip to content

No Url for Tier project allowed?

I built a Tier connected to my main project. I selected the option for it to use urls from the file in my main project. I selected the same engines as I did with my main project:Article, Social Bookmark, Social Network, Video, and Web2. The first thing I noticed was that it would not let me put a project url into the main url box at the top of the data section. Then, I saw in my article generation that the 'link to' sentence that SER added at the bottom had a fictitious website url, not mine. I'm wondering if this is because I wasn't able to enter a project url in the data section.
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2014
    Maybe you're confused on how tiering works? When you create a tier and select the "use verified URLS" option it will prompt you to pick a project. What it does is build backlinks to the verified URL's of the project you selected there. 

The link that you saw in the article was probably a verified link from the project you selected. You aren't able to enter anything in the URL field when you're setting a tier project, that's not how it works. 
  • @s4nt0s, The link didn't come from the project that I selected. The url that it inserted was, www.sample-url.com. How do I get it to go to one of my project urls? Is there something that I was supposed to select or is it supposed to do that automatically once I tell it what project I'm using for my Tier. If it is automatic, do you know why it would be putting in something like www.sample-url.com? - Thanks
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    The URL wasn't one of the verified URL's from the project you selected? I'm not talking about the URL's in the data tab, I mean the verified URL's of the project.

It's going to automatically build links to the verified links of the project you selected, not the URL's in the data field.

Or in the article manager tab you could have the option "insert up to 1-2 random URLS for random words" checked so you might be seeing other URLs from that as well if the link is in an article.
  • @s4nt0s, I think we might be talking about two different things. The urls in the verified url's list of the project are not my urls. I'm talking about my urls from the data tab. Lets start again. The Article Manager is supposed to include a sentence at the bottom of my article with an anchor that points to my website. Example: "If you like what you read and want to see more paintings, go to mywebsite.com" The mywebsite.com should be a url that points to my site. In my main project, this worked well. But in my tier project, instead of SER putting in my url that points to my website, it put in "www.sample-url.com".
  • @s4nt0s explained this in an email to me, I now understand that the url in my Article should be pointing to one of the verified urls from my first project. Unfortunately, every time I do a preview of my article, SER inserts www.sample-url.com, which is not one of my verified urls. Besides telling SER to use my project in the second check box on the data tab, is there any place else that I should be telling SER to use the verified URLs list? - Thanks.