Skip to content

How many emails? Too Many Emails?

I'm just making this post to help. I use the google site operator when searching for answers in this forum and didn't find much as to where this thread will show up near the top if someone is having the same issue I was.

I've read many places stating using 10-20 emails per project is ideal but prior to getting a feel for GSA I was under the mindset that more emails meant less chance of coming across an invalid one whether incorrect password, blacklist, etc, etc.

While this may be true in some cases it can greatly slow gsa ser down if you are using say 300-400 per project. It may not matter if you have a top of the line server but for me lowering mine to just 50 per project doubled the speed of my processed urls.

Just remember the more emails you have the more logins and parsing ser needs to do. While this should be common knowledge, it didn't smack me in the face for a couple weeks after my initial purchase and setup of GSA.

Comments

• Use 10 per project and you're good to go. Re-check from time to time and replace if they die.

There was a similar thread like this yesterday: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/92849/
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    another thread that didn't have to be created if a simple search was done!!
  • Yeah my bad. I didn't see this thread. Like I said I use the google site site operator when searching for gsa related threads as I find it more efficient than forum based searches. Obviously that thread hadn't been in my cache when I searched.

I created this thread to help anyone having an issue like this but my bad, won't happen again.