Skip to content

importing and Sorting - 100% CPU Usage

edited December 2012 in Need Help
I thought i was the only one, but someone else mentioned a similar issue on another forum, so i thought I'd mention it here.

Has anything changed in regards to importing and sorting URLs, as it now seems less efficient? Mine is currently set to use 100 threads, and although running on a quad core with HT dedicated server which has 8GB Ram, this uses 100% CPU usage. Previously, i use to be able to set the threads stupidly high (as high as 800) for importing and sorting, and the program would absolutely rip through any list i tried to import, but it's now at a snails pace. Anyone else notice this issue?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    All I did was fixing some problems on the progressbar behavior...nothing that could influence speed really.
  • I've de-fragmented my hard drive, incase that was causing an issue. I've also completely removed my 'identified' folder, so that the program would import and sort into a new location, but it's still importing at a snails pace unfortunately. The dedicated server has nothing else running on it, it's only importing and sorting at the moment, yet it struggles to import and sort at 150 threads, yet will happily create backlinks at 800 threads, and also use to be able to import and sort at 800 threads.Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this?
  • I am experiencing the same. taking too long to import the lists.
  • This is how my server handles a 50k URL list @ 120 threads. lol

It's a Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 @ 3,4 GHz which can beat some recent i7s (http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+E3-1245+V2+@+3.40GHz&id=1191)

I don't like to work under such server loads, but the good thing is that my server remains stable and usable. I just need to wait like 15 minutes until GSA stops importing and filtering and I can move on.

I usually take a big list, and split it with scrapebox into chunks of 500 URLs. If GSA crashes, at least you can know what files were imported, and you can safely skip them in the future.