Skip to content

Verification is barely working - "Network Subsytem is unusable" (not answered, hit wrong button)

edited August 2014 in Need Help
I'm going to try and give as much information as I can to start. I know that Sven and others need "facts" in order to troubleshoot issues. I HOPE THERE IS A FIX TO THIS. VERY FRUSTRATING!

1. I'm building only contextual links with articles, social bookmarks, web 2.0, and wiki's. I've clicked "uncheck engines that don't use contextual links"
2. My submissions are going through just fine but the verification process is what seems to be the problem.
3. A week ago I ran a project with the exact same settings as the projects in question. I obtained 390 verified contextual links and it took about 24 hours as I'm not running a pre-built list and just allowing GSA to build as it goes. 
4. I've been running 1 project for 4 days now and I have only 100 verified links.
5. I keep getting the message below in the image for all of my emails. I know the emails are good as I've tested them. I have brand new proxies from buyproxies and they are tested as working fine.

Please help! Anyone. I'm not a power user of GSA but I do make a few bucks providing basic services and this is really affecting what I'm able to do.

Comments

• Here is a screen shot of logs. This is just one little snapshot. I keep getting these messages in my log file over, and over and over and over again. It's like a never ending sea of red. Something isn't right. I've been reading that other people have been experiencing the same thing or at least similar. Someone has to have an answer for this.

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    From what @Sven has mentioned in the past it means the network, proxy or remote server is down. 

Do you have proxies enabled for email checking? If so, maybe disable them.

I just tested with Yahoo accounts and SER was able to login to the emails, parse the URLS and verify the links fine so Yahoo pop 3 isn't down from what I can see.

Maybe you can share how you have your proxies settings setup on the submission tab (global options) and email verification tab.
  • Here it is.

• I guess I'm on my own with this. On the bright side I can still use for backup linking but I'll definitely have to find some software that works more efficiently when it comes to contextual links.

I'm already aware that I'll be blamed for the software not working up to par so if you plan on posting a comment about how I need to stop complaining or whatever, just keep on trolling over to the next thread.
  • I'm actually running a very similar campaign of contextual only articles, wikis, web 2's and getting the same low verified links.  The campaign is about 10 days old, I test emails (using ten .ru emails) and proxies (20 private) often. I'm basically following the settings I learned from the serlist guys.  Everything had been running smooth.

For me, I noticed the drop off in verified links Wednesday.  I paused the campaign until this morning.  GSA has been running about 2.5 hours and I have 60 submissions with 2 verified links.  I would be happy to share my setup with screen shots if it would help.

I'm going to swap out my emails and see if that helps.  Will post back if I learn anything through some testing.
  • Thanks for sharing your experience. I just ordered another 30 proxies so now I'm running 40 and I added deathbycaptcha as my fallback solving method if GSA Captcha can't solve. I'm getting more submissions and my verification rate seems to have gone up a tiny bit but nothing to write home about. 
  • Swapped out a set of ten new emails and my submitted vs. verified went from 62/2 (3.2%) to 9/6 (67%).  Hope this helps.
  • okay. i'll give it a try. thank you.
    @funguy88 - Sorry, it was late and I went to sleep. Your settings look fine so I don't think its that. As others have mentioned maybe switch out to a different email provider or try swapping out the emails. 

• I'm testing something just to see what happens. I have 1200 yahoo emails. I'm adding all 1200 to 10 projects. Just to see what happens. Maybe the sheer number of options will help increase varifications. I have no idea but I'll report back to see if it helps.
    @funguy88 - I PM'd you a few hundred extra MailRU accounts I had. Feel free to add those to your campaigns and see if that helps.
  • So, I signed up for the seospartan catchall email service. I'm running 1 catchall email for my projects and all the issues I've been having with email are completely resolved. No error messages and I seem to getting great verification rates so far. 

BTW, the 1200 yahoo email test didn't work that well. Still was getting errors. This catchall system works great.
  • edited August 2014
    I got similiar problem (not with yahoo error but with TONS of not succesful message). I tried lots of different email accounts and i can see like 2k mails on inbox and maybe 1 sucesful url parsed? Like SER isnt extract URLs?

Have the very same settings. Not using proxy to check mails. Any sugestions guys?