Skip to content

"out of memory"

Getting the message in GSA SER

"out of memory, too many active projects or running too many threads"

I have it running on a VPS on SSD2, option two on power up hosting

And I also have it on 100 threads

11 projects running

Is this an error?

Do I need to upgrade my VPs again? Or is the problem with GSA SER?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You can try running your projects using the scheduler to see if that helps. The scheduler can be found by clicking the small arrow next to the big green start button.
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    edited August 2014
    @michlap
    Well its subjective.  Out of memory means that either SER reached the max memory it can use at which point a crash occurs and SER typically gracefully catches its self and keeps going.  Or it means your out of physical memory. 

SER is  32bit program, typically 32bit apps can use a max of 2GB of memory.  SER has some tweaks/hacks that allow it to use roughly about 3GB of memory at the upper limit.  So SSD 2 only has 2GB of memory and windows probably uses 300 to 500mb of that memory so that leaves you with about 1.5GB for SER to use out of the 3GB it can use.  So this means there is no more physical memory for SER to use.  So either lower your threads or upgrade the vps.  The 4GB memory gives the most room as windows can use its customary 300-700mb and SER can take advantage of almost 3GB and then the rest is breathing room. 
  • so expensive
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    S4nt0s has a good point, running less projects at once could help as well. 

While there is an expense, try not to think of it in how expensive it is, but think of it in terms of if you do it correctly how much money can you make.  Of course you have to get there, but for instance I would have no issue spending $100,000 per month on expensives if I am making $500,000 per month etc... 
  • OK so I just upgraded to another GB of ram, and I'm still getting the same messages, and Im only running 11 projects, on 85 threads.

Why is this still happening?
  • In fact now It is not even letting me click on GSA, with a constant popup and it has stopped all of my projects