Skip to content

Whats going on with the GSA Search Engine Ranker?

Hi there,
I'm trying to asses the value of GSA search engine ranker for building tiered back-links.  I downloaded the trial version and
started to build links to one of my web2.0. I chose Articles, web2.0 and Wikis in the "where to submit" panel.
After running it for 7 hours I got 13 links, 10 of them no-follow, and most of them are profile backlinks.
Is GSA search engine ranker so bad, or am I doing something wrong?
These results are awful. I'm using 10 private proxies and two chaptcha solving providers.

Any ideas,
Regards,
Ron

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well you must have made something wrong then. Don'T know what as you didn't provide details to your setup/logs.
  • Show us screens with your settings if you want help. You are defiantly doing something wrong.
  • Here are some screen shots

• Looks like you are letting see scrape but don't see any engines selected. Try selecting more.
  • I was like you, I tried twice before committing to buy GSA SER.  5 Days are not definitely sufficient to measure the efficiency this software. Trial is just to get an idea only.

It takes some time to get used to this software. Trust me, You wont regret after buying this. Right now I am in first page for couple of keywords with monthly search volume of 50k+ with GSA for tier 2.

My setup is not that expensive. Total cost of VPS, Proxies around 35$.

Note: I don't have any affiliation with GSA.

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    As others have pointed out, you dont seem to have many search engines selected for SER to scrape. Without this, or manually importing your own lists, you wont have any targets to post to.

Just so you can get a good taste for GSA, try out this list for free:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fd2wu8267iafmct/generic-platforms-Source1508-18-2014.txt

You'll want to right click on your project, and import as target urls.
  • bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    edited August 2014
    Don`t use SER to scrape it`s waste of its real potential. Look for good lists, even free ones, there are plenty of them out there, you will get results a lot faster than by scraping targets via SER. GSA Ser is fantastic tool in posting, not scraping, having good verified list can gives you xxx,xxx verifieds/day if you have good enough proxies and fast server
    • In your second screenshot you need to check the 'article-wiki' box - this will then post articles to wiki sites rather than just build a profile link.
    • Right click in the search engines panel and select 'English only'.
    • How many keywords are you adding? Chances are you need to add a lot more - add tons of keywords to the 'Keywords' box and then put your anchors in the anchor text box - SER scrapes with the keywords so if you only have a few it won't be doing much scraping.
    • How many articles have you loaded into SER? And what are the settings on the article page?
    • Right click in the 'Engines' area to the left and click 'un-check engines that use no contextual links' this will remove the engines that only create a profile.
    • There are a lot of contextual links to be had in the 'Social networks' engine as-well so before doing the last point check this box.
    To get a decent amount of links you will need to build (or buy) a list, you can do this from within SER by either using generic scraping keywords in a project - or using the built in scraper found in the main options panel -> Advanced -> Tools.