Skip to content

Optimum Number of Proxies

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hello Everyone!

What's the optimal amount of proxies and threads? I'm going to be building links to a ton of sites (50+). How many private proxies should I use and what should I keep the thread count to?

Any tips would be highly appreciated! I don't want to slow down/crash the software.

Cheers

Comments

• You will need to test it out for yourself. Will depend on the system specs, the bandwidth and the quality of the proxies.

PS - Speed is not everything with GSA... my system is powerful and GSA can run at 500 threads without breaking into a sweat. After careful testing however I've realized the sweet spot for me is 100 threads because GSA builds the most backlinks at this figure without many "download failed" errors. Increasing the thread count makes GSA go faster but it chokes on the proxies and fails to download many sites resulting in fewer backlinks.

So do some testing and find the sweet spot for your system and the number of proxies you are using. Proxies and bandwidth will be the biggest bottleneck followed by the system specs.