Skip to content

Engine Selection Based on Verified List Stats?

This is a common recommendation on the forums and elsewhere to increase LPM.  Here's a tutorial that describes the process: 

(4:30 if the video doesn't start there)

In short, after the project has run for some time users adjust the engine selection to only use engines which have been verified as per the verified sites list stats.  Or to remove engines which haven't been verifying often.  Naturally this can make a project vastly more efficient.  But it's also incredibly time consuming to navigate the engine list this way.  The engines aren't listed alphabetically and the verified site list stats don't correspond to engine order either.  This process is easily the most time consuming aspect of using GSA for me.

It would be nice if this was automated.  I know it'd save a lot of time on the maintenance of ongoing projects for most avid GSA users and doesn't seem too complex to implement.  It could be its own option on the engine select e.g. uncheck engines that have not been verified (more than X times).

If something like this is already easily done then I'd love to know, either way I love GSA!  Keep up the good work.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version will allow a basic selection (popup menu on engine selection).
  • Sven, thank you for the reply.  I did not see any such addition after updating.  I think there may have been a miscommunication.  

I meant is there a way to uncheck engine selection based on the verified site list.  E.g. if I am not able to verify submissions to certain engines I want to uncheck those engines.  Sometimes I may want to uncheck engines that simply perform poorly e.g. 1 verification for every 1000 submissions.

To do this at present is extremely tedious, I go into detail above.  Such a feature would be a welcome and beloved addition.
    edit project->right click on the engine box -> Uncheck Engines based on performance
  • Incredible, thank you Sven.  I tell everyone GSA is the best, and you really are.
    your welcome ;)