Skip to content

Google Update Today Dec 21?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hi,

I noticed some of my website went from #1 on google to not in the top 100 just today :S i dont really get it, they are still on google site:domainname.com but i dont really get it

this is the first time i have seen more than one site dissappear this way, anyone is having the same thing?

Comments

• Thanks for confirming this, so what should i do to recover now? build more links or stop for couple days or what?

i have been hit by any before, penguin or panda, this is the first that seems to really affect any of my sites
  • From what I see this update affects the over use of specific anchor text. It's widely understood that Panda is not troubled with inbound links but frankly we can't trust a word coming from Googleplex can we.....

I am changing my approach slightly to incorporate more branded anchors and naked links than previously to help dilute this latest update - merry Christmas from Google!
  • Just discovered my money site smashed to hyperspace again.... thanks G
  • @Nicerice, what is your recovery plan?

• build another site again or stop using seo and learn other paid traffic... cause there is no other plan for defeat the panda
  • Question is, how much is your money worth.

One of my websites was disappeared from the earth with the last penguin update.
    It was there, but not in the first 100 pages on the main keyword.

One other website was affected, but it dropped only 4 positions. From 1 to 5.

Since this drop, I do not rely on GSA SER
    only. I am very careful with the automatic link building. Instead of watching
    the SERP results every day, counting the build links and editing the setup, I
    search for highly trusted domains with lots of authority and find a spot where
    I can place a link on that website. Even if it’s a no-follow link. And yes,
    this is lots of work, and I need to have lots of patience but for me this
    tactic works. Yes, I have to write a very good well researched blog comment. Request
    a guest blog post, and if I have the green light, write a very good article.
    And sometimes I need to add content to my website where I can refer to but till
    now, it works.

The first mentioned website is back on page
    one. Still, #8 – 9. I prefer #11 if the site is not in the top 5,but hey.. The
    other website is #3.  

My point, Do not rely on tools like GSA only. If your site is worth the money,
    invest time for a stable position. I still use GSA a lot, but I am very careful
    the type of links the tool is building.

If sound funny, my personal statement is that I must treat a website as a
    living creature. If I give the thing only junk-food, it never can be healthy. With
    a flu in the surrounding area, it will get sick. (I am talking about our
    friends Big G with their updates), To stay ahead, it needs good vitamins to
    defense itself. I think I have found a good combination to use the tool GSA SER
    and the manual link building.

Hope you get your site back on track…