Skip to content

Importing Target Site Lists [HELP]

Ok so I had Scrapebox running for awhile and managed to scrape 4m urls. Think is I don't know how should I import them to GSA and verify them?

Questions:
  1. Should the list be consisted of unique urls or unique domains?
  2. Should I import the site list by which of the following ways?
    • Right click >> Import Target URLs >> Run project and verify them (verified urls will be saved in verified folder)
    • Global options >> Advanced >> Tools >> "Import URLs (identify platform and sort in)"
    • Global options >> Advanced >> Tools >>  "Import site lists" >> Identified / Submitted
That is basically the most confusing thing about GSA for me. I am so eager to create my own verified site list but I still don't know what's the right way to do it.

ANY information / links / comments will be much appreciated!

Comments

• Hi @Heraclitus,

Different people have different ways that they like to do things, but personally I'd remove the dupes, and use the first import option that you mentioned.

Right click >> Import Target URLs >> Run project and verify them (verified urls will be saved in verified folder)
  • My vote goes for option1 as well, no need to waste time & ressources by importing them just to identify. A site being identified as a specific CMS does not necessarly mean SER will be able to post to it succesfully.
  • @2Take2 By saying remove dubs you mean remove duplicate urls or domains?

Also what setting do you recommend for the verification project?

Thanks for your help!
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited August 2014
    Hi @Heraclitus,

I normally remove all duplicate domains from the scrape, but I guess it's up to you.

For the verification project, just check all the engines you want, and set your filters (PR, badwords, etc.) according to how high you want the quality of the list to be.
  • I also prefer option 1. You can get verified links faster.

I think with option 2, you may get high number of verified links but takes more time (identifying + posting).