Skip to content

Host file modified

edited August 2014 in Need Help
Host file modified.  This is usually done by Captch Breaker.  Please disable.

For now I am using Captcha Sniper because I already have it.  I get the 7.77 balance when I do CS but when I try Death By Captcha ( I already had a balance with them) I get the host file modified error. 
Any ideas.

How much better is Captcha Breaker than Captcha Sniper.  I know the first is a GSA product but has anyone done any comparisons.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    If CB or CS is emulating a captcha service you can get that host modified message. I don't use CS so I don't know what options it has, but I'd say most folks who have used both prefer CB these days. 

CB can solve mollom with a good success rate where CS can't at all as well as other captcha types. You can always test out the CB free trial and see which one you prefer, although the trial does have some limitations.
  • It looks like with a discount it is 117 bucks.  I will check it out if SER does what I want it to.  I stopped using SER about 9 or so months ago but I am ready to give it a shot again.  I think with the right filters set and by manually importing some articles I have spun myself I can get some more mileage out of it.  If I can, I am going to want to cut down on my captcha cost so CB might be my answer.

Thanks for the help
  • Another thing I rememver is that GSA is constantly updating.  There must be several people that work on GSA things.  With Captcha Sniper the updates were slow and I am pretty sure it was a one man operation.

No disrespect to the CS guy.  I believe he brought the first one to market.  Blazed a new path.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    The CB and SER updates are also all handles by one guy (Sven). He is just a better coder and more efficient ;)