Skip to content

Setting up GSA to Run whole month first time. Need experienced user advice. Please

edited August 2014 in Need Help
Hi, I have watched lots of tutorials to understand how to setup GSA ser so now finally i have made a blueprint. Could you experienced guys tell me if i am wasting my money somewhere or can save few bucks throwing out some stuff.

Here is list of thing i am buying for setting up GSA ser.

VPS : Poweruphosting
CPU E3/E5 @ 3.5Ghz Per CPU : 1 CPU
SSD Infused Data Space : 20GB
DDR3 RAM : 1024MB DDR3 RAM
Bandwidth : Unmetered
Network 1000 Mbps
Cost : $15/month

Serengines.com : Web 2.0 Subscription
Cost : $14.95/monthly

buyproxies.org : Not sure should i buy 10 Dedicated or 20 semi dedicated proxies or i should buy 20 Dedicated proxies. I am also going to use search engine query to find new targets for my sites or i should not because i am using Serengines web 2.0 sites?

Money matter so can't just buy 100s of proxies. I must not risk to be fail.

I am going to use tire link building maximum 3 tires for money site and other 10 hand written web 2.0 sites. 

And one more thing since i am using dial up connection which average speed is 300kb/sec(40KB/sec something) so i think i would not be able to control VPS smoothly so i have to create project in my desktop and backup it and restore it on GSA on vps.
Just confirming how to do it? Is task will be done in using Modify project then backup project and then visit to VPS and restore it there on GSA ser.
Am i right?

Comments

• looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    To start your asking a lot of questions to which the answer can be 1 of many things and all be correct. 

Your VPS seems fine, if I were going to change anything I would up the RAM, windows is going to use 300-700mb or so and that won't leave a lot for SER to work with. 

I would probably just 10 dedicated proxies from buyproxies.  the shared are ok too, but Im not sure that on a vps with those stats your going to get a lot of advantage with 20 proxies over 10, I guess whichever is cheaper, as your probably not going to be running hundreds of connections anyway.  The only advantage 20 is going to really give you at that point is not getting your IPs banned while scraping, but then you run the risk of being partnered with someone else who is also scraping (although I have had good luck with buyproxies on their shared proxies and scraping). 

Given that SER has a delay option on scraping, if it were me I would buy the 10 private proxies and then make sure the delay is set. 

Yes you could build the projects and then export them and then import them and yes you right click and choose modify project and then backup and restore. 

You can also setup your program options and back them up and then import them, although you would probably want to double check on the VPS that your global folders under advanced, are mapped correctly, as the file path will probably be different on your pc vs the VPS.    Same thing goes for any other file paths, like save unanswered questions.

• looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    One thing I would perhaps say is, if you are getting started and you want to save $15, I would avoid ser engines.  I say that because there is already enough going on in SER that you need to understand, and that just adds to it.  I would grab those last, after you already have everything else under control. 
  • Thank you for you verification........Now i am going to buy 10 dedicated proxy and would not buy serengines at that time. You are right there are already so many web 2.0 platform.......about VPS do not know about upgrading since upgrading will cost me extra $15 on poweruphosting but i will surely consider it.

You saved my $35.
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    edited August 2014
    You would be wise to pop in every day or two and restart GSA; in my experience leaving it running for more than a few days without a reset can lead to slow-down on LPM, and depending on how stable the current version is, memory leaks.

You'll probably want 1-2 gigs of ram, just to be safe. GSA is not a big RAM consumer though; its your processor you really want to worry about.

It also bears mentioning; I've gotten away with using GSA on standard VPS/Dedicated hosts (Besides Powerup) where the prices are much better. Just use some good proxies, and your fine. (Make sure to disable posting without proxies of course).