Skip to content

Can we easily add brand mentions?

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited August 2014 in Need Help
I suppose a few of you have been reading up on brand mentions in text - rather than in the anchors - as discussed here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/08/01/implied-links-brand-mentions-and-the-future-of-seo-link-building/

I want to try something like it ^  Basically I want to add "My Brand" into the spun text that I'm generating, but not as a link. Is there an easy way to do this easily with either SER or (probably easier) Kontent Machine? To make matters more confusing I usually use 1-3 of my websites per project, so 1-3 brands...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    use the branding anchor text and citation. You get branding text without a link.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited August 2014
    Ok, thanks. @Sven But what about if there are 3x URLs per project? I assume it's not possible to assign different brand anchors to each domain.
  • you could use spintx , since there is no url and you are using same articles and settings for all urls , so it doesn't matter which one gets printed out .
    Hmm, I am not sure this will work. Here's an example:

If I put my brand anchor as {Domain1 Brand|Domain2 Brand|Domain3 Brand}

then use these URLs:

{Domain1|Domain2|Domain3}

What is to stop Domain1 Brand being added to the Domain3 article?

"Domain1 Brand" needs to match "Domain1" URL etc.
    Im afraid that this will not work. You can not bind branding anchors to an url.
    @Sven thanks. I may as well add the obligatory 'any chance you can add it?' question now :D
    sorry not right now.