Skip to content

cant rank past POS 45

This is a pretty low comp testing KW that i cant seem to rank for! it is doing the serp dance it jumps from POS 2XX all the way up to POS 40 then back to (?) why is this? PLEASE HELP 

Comments

• i would like to add that this certain KW only gets about 50 searches a month!
  • That's pretty typical right after a update.
  • GSA is dead, if we all ask for a refund at once, maybe he will give us one
    :))
  • @serprape, if you tell us a bit more about what you're doing, then maybe we could offer some advice.......
  • For the site that I mentioned above I am currently just building backlinks @2Take2‌ nothing else I would much appreciate your answers thanks a lot!
  • How are you building backlinks though?
  • @2Take2‌ I'm building to the money site+3 teirs with Trevor's list
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited August 2014
    If you're doing tiered link building then it's probably just google recalculating your rankings to allow for the changing quantities of links in your lower tiers. Depending on various factors, It can be fairly normal, and usually settles down after a while.

• @2Take2‌ how long is a while? I've been trying to rank this site for 3-4 months now :p
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited August 2014
    lol, fair enough, if it hasn't been dancing all the time, then it could be (as @hunar said) caused by an update or something.

Try improving your onpage seo and / or pointing a few high authority contextual links at it.
  • Okay thanks for the help @2Take2‌
  • Rankings work on an order of magnitude just like page rank. Your links need to be several orders of magnitude stronger to go to the 1st page and ultimately #1. PBN links are great because they have PR and natural authority already baked in so your SERP movement is usually much faster than using tiered linking which can take weeks if not months to index and transfer all the link juice.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @serprape - Have you looked at how many links you are losing?
    I sometimes find a direct correlation between link loss and dancing.
    Stop the link loss and the dancing will usually stop too. It might just be a case of adding more links per day on tier 1.