Skip to content

Fluctuating Thread Count (not sure why it's happening)

Not sure why, but it seems like my thread count starts high (about 600-800 threads) then it sinks all the way down to like 20, and then it shoots back up to 600 and does the same thing.

I hadn't been watching this too closely until it seemed like my lpms shot way down as I was adding more projects to my list cleaning project. Could it be the avg slowing things down? 

Thanks community. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    adding more projects should not slow down anything. But most likely it is the verification taking place where naturally not all threads can be proceed.
  • This happens for me when a new 'batch' of URLs is loaded and the remaining URLs are going low and resulting in lots of timeouts. Import like 50k and when you start you see '20000 URLs imported' and as soon as it reaches somewhere about 17-18k it starts to slow down. That 's the only thing I was able to observe with the threads going down, doesn't have to do with adding projects.
  • It seems like the bottle neck is happening at spamvilla. I'm not 100% sure, but I turned it off, updated gsa ser, and started back with out changing anything else, and my threads are working around 200-400 pretty consistent. It still shoots up but it's not going all the way down to 1 or 20 threads like it was. I'd like to try another recaptcha to see if the results are any better.