Skip to content

Data(Login Password) and Email verification tab confusion

edited August 2014 in Need Help
Hi, I want to know if i add my own email list in the Email verification tab then what option should i choose in the Data tab login and password. Do i need to write my emails there instead of choosing randomize?

if i add my own email list in Email verification tab of containing 10 emails then how i can write 10 emails in the Data tab login and password filed since spinning will result in picking wrong password and vice versa. so how to write them or i don't really need to write there anything after adding email list in email verification tab?

How i can use both catchall email trick and working emails created by me on a project randomly? 

I read this thread for learing about catchall email: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/626/details-on-using-catchall-emails
And i want to use my own email created manually and the catchall email randomly.

Please answer point to point every time i create thread someone come and answer half and go away and left me with half answer.

I have created a thread before for asking about "thread" option in GSA and people left me with half answer so i am asking in this thread again.
If i set 10 thread in GSA then is it mean that 10 Thread per proxy and it mean that 1 proxy simulations do 10 task. 
What can be these 10 task, is it like 3 submission, 4 verification, 3 search query? 
I have seen some video where people use 1000 of threads and i wonder that if 1 ip can do 1000 task simulation. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry hard to understand what you are trying to do. Do you plan to modify the prj files manually? If so just study it. You have the first email in data/option section and the rest in [email accounts].
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    edited August 2014
    Let me give it a go. 

"Hi, I want to know if i add my own email list in the Email verification tab then what option should i choose in the Data tab login and password. Do i need to write my emails there instead of choosing randomize?

if i add my own email list in Email verification tab of containing 10 emails then how i can write 10 emails in the Data tab login and password filed since spinning will result in picking wrong password and vice versa. so how to write them or i don't really need to write there anything after adding email list in email verification tab?"

The data tab user and password option is for accounts, not emails.  So if you have a platform such as BuddyPress, it requires an account to post, so you have to have a username and password.  If you wanted to choose specifically what your username and password is, or if you already have an account that you want to use, then you put it here.  Else its best to just use the randomize option. 

If you had a client and you wanted to promote their stuff and only login to their accounts on various sites and post quality content, like an announcement or something, then you could use this, else just check randomize.  The email accounts are managed directly on the email accounts tab and have nothing to do with this.  If you click the "help" there it will tell you what platforms use logins, but thats just for reference.

"
    How i can use both catchall email trick and working emails created by me on a project randomly? 

I read this thread for learing about catchall email: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/626/details-on-using-catchall-emails
    And i want to use my own email created manually and the catchall email randomly."

I am not sure how to answer this, but you use both the catch all and regular working emails the same way together as you would them separately.  So you just put both in to the email tab. 

If you are using the spin file option you could just add it several times.  So if you had 5 regular mails you from @outlook.com for instance and you wanted to use half catch all and half outlook then just add your

%spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%%random-1-9999%@catchalldomain.com

5 times in a row and then SER will use that 5 out of 10 times and use the other outlook mails 5 out of 10 times. 

Else if you are manually creating your emails then you can just add in whatver number of catchall mails you want.

"Please answer point to point every time i create thread someone come and answer half and go away and left me with half answer."

How am I doing?

"I have created a thread before for asking about "thread" option in GSA and people left me with half answer so i am asking in this thread again.
    If i set 10 thread in GSA then is it mean that 10 Thread per proxy and it mean that 1 proxy simulations do 10 task. 
    What can be these 10 task, is it like 3 submission, 4 verification, 3 search query? 
    I have seen some video where people use 1000 of threads and i wonder that if 1 ip can do 1000 task simulation. "

It does NOT mean 10 threads per proxy, it means 10 threads overall.  So if you have 10 proxies then each proxy would get 1 thread.  If you have 20 proxies and set 10 threads it means that only half the proxies would be used at once. 

The 10 tasks can be as you noted, submissions, verifications search queries, all split up among whatever projects and proxies you may be using. 

Even if a proxy had its own dedicated server it would be a potential struggle to handle 1000 tasks at once.  Plus that would mean with 10 proxies times 1000 tasks that SER would be trying to do 10,000 tasks at once.  Windows messaging gets flaky at number much lower then 10,000 tasks/simultaneous connections and SER would probably go not responding at best and crash at worst.  No fault of it, but windows just can't handle that.  Plus if it was a server your screen would probably just go all black for lack of resources. 

Anyway, its 10 threads means 10 threads regardless of how many proxies you have loaded.

Does that answer your questions?
  • @loopline thank you very much for your effort that's how i wish to get an answer of my question.

Now threads and data option clear to me. Thank you for describing it.

Only a little bit of confusion in understanding that how catchall emails work.

For example i have 5 hotmail emails then I use this format for my emails created manually. And its work fine
    username@domain.com:mail.domain.com:port:username@domain.com:yourpassword:1

Now what i know about catchall emails is when someone put wrong email then the email forwarded to the catchall email given by us so i  filled wrong login credential but password was correct since the password will be use for login in catchall email by gsa and then try to hit test button and a authentication error message pop out. I was excepting that email should be forwarded to the catchall email and result should be successful.  

do hotmail email account can be use as catchall email or only domains email use as catchall email?

I have a domain and i have created there catchall email and i use this format in gsa

%spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%{%random-1-100%|}@catchalldomain.com:mail.domain.com:port:username@domain.com:yourpassword:1

And its working fine but i don't know how will message send to catchall email when email failed to receive mail. I try to fill wrong email in login area and excepting to get email forwarded to catchall email but gsa show authentication error pop out message.

Do i need to put password for my catchall email somewhere separately or catchall email use the password filled in password area located ahead of login area in email verification filled?
  • may be i understood now how catchall function work in GSA ser.

Your E-Mail area is for putting the email address which GSA going to use for registering on the websites with a random password and then a verification link sent to this email address and then GSA will login in the mail account using the details i provided in the below fields.
    POP3-Server, Port, Login, Password. To verify links.

So if i use any mail service which have catchall email function then i can spin the email in the Your E-Mail filed and fill the other necessary account info in below tabs now GSA will use random email to register on website and a verification link will be sent on catchall email will be forward on my email which i have filled in the login area.
    If i am right then only tell me does GSA ser going to use password i provided in the filed while its going to create account or it will choose random password?

Forgive my above comment.
    Am i right?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Of course you can only use a captch all email if thats supported and you basically control that domain. Thats of course not the case with hotmail or outlook.
    If you control it then you might have an account where all emails get forwarded in case the email was not defined. Thats called a CatchAllEmail.
    You can write anything before the @domain.com and it gets forwarded to the right email. 
    But of course you need to enter as login/password the correct data from that catchall-account, else it is not working.