Skip to content

Is page language content enough for ranking in a certain country?

Lets say i want to rank my site in google.fr so people from france see it (of course).

I don't have the possibility to get a french domain or a hosting located in france becouse i don't speak the language and it would be too difficult to manage everything.

So, would it be enough to have a domain written in frech, but with .com extension + site content in french language?

For example:

domain name:   bonjoumerci.COM   (domain name written in french, but .com extension)

page content:  *an article written in french*

OR what about ↓

domain name:  hiplease.com/bonjoumerci  (directory name written in french)

page content: *an article in french*

would that be enough to get rankings in google.fr too?

Comments

• You can set either in GWT or with a meta tag for the site to be targeted for French audience. I must admit though I never had problems even without the meta tag, not like Google can't detect which language your site is in  :)
  • Which would be the meta tag? I'm afraid of using Google Webmaster Tool since i'm using churn and burn technique, and maybe my site gets penalized faster if i use google tools.

I forgot to say that i'm not scraping any target, i'm using a premium verified list so all the urls are in english language
  • Just google 'geo meta tag' and you'll find the right answers.
  • BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @gulianoditommaso If you're using a verified list there is a high probability that all of the URLs are not in English, but many different languages.

You should research your target keywords using Google.fr to see what kind of domains are ranking for the top 10 / top 20. Why would you try to force a .com to the top if you can rank a .fr much easier?
  • @BuySERLists becouse i don't know how to get a .fr domain, i've read that u can only get one country extension if you live there.

But having a .fr domain and page content written in french would be enough to rank in google.fr if i blast the site using a verified list?

P.S. remember to send me the invoice of the review copy! i'm Pachu (: