Skip to content

Best Practice On What To Backlink To And Why

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hi Everyone...

Thanks for reading this in advanced. I am still getting my head around GSA so bear with me.

One thing I am not sure about is linking to my money site and how.

I am wondering if I should be doing separate campaigns for all main landing urls or just one for the main domain?

Ideally I was thinking to target each landing inner page with more specific keywords.

What are the super genius GSA'ers ideas on this?

Thanks
NR

Comments

• The quality of links GSA creates are not high quality. Not enough web 2.0s or article directories.

If you really want a foolproof method/best practices guide then create a set of tier 1s manually (or with a tool like Senuke) with 100% unique content and then run GSA on them. You will see results for sure.

You can use blog comments for high quality backlinks with GSA but again not enough control. I find it better to scrape with SB and manually comment.

Finally, experiment for yourself... use GSA exclusively on a couple of new sites and see how they perform. I've started using only GSA on 2 new sites and want to see how much success I can have with only GSA. Sure there is the risk of both the sites tanking but if it works then even better. I'm following the high quality guide shown here... https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/879/guide-high-quality-campaign
  • I have used GSA on money sites and it works just fine (for the last 4-5 months)

but I don't build a million links per day
    I use spinned articles, directories, forums, social bookmarks, social networks, web2, image comments, guestbooks (almost all in GSA) without any problem Ranks are going up slowly but surely

• Thanks @tumpien and @GiorgosK for your inputs. I am sort of trying both strategies at the moment.

On one I am doing exclusively GSA and the other I have a stack of urls from sites that I am backlinking to.

Both are using the high quality guide as a frame work.

One thing I don't fully understand however is that if I create a whole stack of manual quality tier ones manually... does that list get backlinked when imported one by one or is it a shotgun scatter of backlinks? It'd be neat if it did one by one to ensure even spread. Maybe @sven could pipe in on that one?
  • @GiorgosK - How many links per day and how many tiers? I'm using only GSA for 2 sites... tier 1 50 links daily (only articles and web 2.0), tier 2 300 links daily (articles, web 2.0, forum, comments) and tier 3 1000 links daily (pretty much everything).

I'm not using microblogging, video and document sharing platforms and no filters of PR but using filters of no more than 50-80 OBLs.

Content is extremely unique and readable with manual spinning at sentence and word level for tier 1. For tier 2 its using ACW and KM but niche related and for tier 3 its generic content again from ACW and KM.

I'll be starting 2 more sites using only blog comments with PR > 4 and OBL < 60... lets see if GSA finds many links and how comments improve SERPs.
  • edited December 2012
    nicerice - I believe GSA goes through the links in a cycle i.e. 1 through 10 and then back to 1 again. I've noted equal (more or less) link distribution to all tier 1s from tier 2s... nothing like one URL gets a higher percentage of links and another URL gets only 1 or 2 links.
  • Thanks Tumpien... great answers... I feel educated. Your statement of tiers and link levels matches what I am doing almost exactly. I am not rushing into things here and I am following @ozz's guide on a quality campaign most specifically. I spin quality articles to sentence and word level also so that in a bazillion iterations you'd almost never get pulled up by copyscape. I feel I am on a good formula but also looking forward to solid real world proven results. Been running now just over two weeks and curious to know how long before results are visible. I guess time will tell.

Thanks again NR