Skip to content

What does thread option do inside the configuration?

Hi, I am a beginner i have read a lot about GSA ser best practice.
I want to know what does thread option do inside the options>submission>configure>option>threads
by default its 60. Also tell me what is timeout used there.

I know thread is use for task simulation but gsa ser already have thread option on submission tab the one threads option i asked is inside configure.

if i setup the outer thread (option>submission>threads) 10 then is it mean 1 proxy is going to do 10 task concurrently. Weather its a search, submission, verification. 

Comments

• BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @ravinder07 - the thread count inside of "options>submission>configure>option>threads" is the number of threads that will be used to test proxy servers when GSA SER runs the proxy checker. Timeout is the HTML timeout when testing each proxy.

If you set up the "option>submission>threads" to 10, then it means that GSA SER will use 10 CPU threads to run tasks at the same time. If you have 1 proxy, then it will use 1 proxy. If you have 1000 proxies, then it will use those 1000 proxies. The "threads" count refers to CPU threads.
  • sorry but still i am little confuse.............

(I am talking about threads inside the "options>submission>configure>option>threads")
    See what i understand is if i run 1 threads then it does not mean that it will check 1 proxy at one time. It mean it can check as many proxy at one time depend on my network speed and cpu. For slow network 1 thread can check 10 proxy server concurrently and on fast network it can check more than 10 proxy server with 1 thread. 

(I am talking about threads inside the "options>submission>threads)
    I read some where that it is mean to threads per proxy so does it mean that if i set up 5 threads then 1 proxy will be used on 5 different task(submission,search query,verification etc) concurrently or it mean that 1 proxy can do more than 5 task concurrently with the 5 threads respectively CPU and network speed?

Am i right?

That is the number of threads assigned to SER to find and test proxies (alive, dead, anonymous or not). The higher the threads the fastest SER can find and test public proxies. It has nothing to do with submission, search query, verification etc...