Skip to content

Please help me to take right decision? New gsa user

Hi community, I finally bought GSA ser and CB. I have known GSA require high speed internet for working on its full potential but right now i am using it on my dial up connection speed between 250kb to 500kb. 

I have two option buy vps or upgrade my internet plan. Upgrading internet plan gonna cost me $50/sec and i will get 2mb/sec unlimited connection. I think in $50 i can also get a good vps to run GSA ser and CB but i can afford only 1 thing. VPS or Upgrade my own connection to 2mb/sec.

I am wondering how much thread on its full potential i would be able to run with 2mb/sec connection? Also if i buy VPS then would i be able to control VPS window with my current dial up connection which average speed is less than 500kb/sec most of time.

Could you guys tell me what to do? should i buy vps or can run gsa with 2mb/sec connection? I want 1000 verified links per day. 
I can run my PC 24/30 day non stop.

My PC Hardware:
Intel i5 3570k quad core processor
8GB Corsair 1600mhz ram
Asrock z77 extreme4 mobo
160GB hard disk

do someone know how much max speed 1 thread use?

One more question i am running a project and i have 23 submitted and 101 verified link on ahead project name and on fotter bar number of submitted link is 117 and verified link 100. Which one is real what does really mean of submitted and verified link.

Comments

• VijayarajVijayaraj India
    edited August 2014
    @ravinder07 Welcome to GSA community.

The answer for your question is go with VPS

As I'm from India I know all our ISP has a data limit. I have 8mb connection with 50mb data limit per month , when I run SER it uses up the whole set in just 5 days :p and the thread speed with 8mb connection sucks plus Include the EB for running your system 24*7 but I bought a vps for cheap and it gives me 200mb speed and unlimited data per month minus the EB cost of running PC 24*7 I run my SER on vps with 100 threads and heavy filters ( Personal brand project din't wanna get hammered :p ) I get 80LPM and very good results which I can never dream of getting in my high end PC with a stupid data connection ..
  • Thanks for sharing your experience one more thing would i be able to control VPS with 512kb/sec speed. I am using bsnl evdo........and if you can also tell me why submitted link are less then verified link. I have included image.
  • BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @ravinder07 I would definitely agree with @vijayaraj above... you are going to want to get a VPS for this purpose. Running GSA SER can use an incredible amount of bandwidth and you're going to want to have some room to expand

Check the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here for some deals on VPS servers that will allow GSA SER use. If you're going to use SER for both scraping and posting I would suggest thinking about some budget for proxy servers as well. If you're going to purchase lists for SER then you can get away with just a small handful of private proxies if you're only looking to build 1000 verified links each day.

Good luck with it! Don't forget to share your successes here on the forum...
  • Yes i want to scrape target also how much proxy would you like suggest to both scraping and posting.