Skip to content

What's in a list?

Hi guys, sorry I'm a newb at GSA...

What's in a list that has like 100k+ keywords that people are scraping and selling? That's a lot of keywords... are they targeted toward a certain keyword?

In the "keyword" area for my project, I only have around 5 or 6. Please help me out. thanks :)

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    Those are general keyword lists, to help you scrape more targets.

You will find SER runs faster if you have more keywords, but of course those links will be less targeted.

IMHO SER is not great at targeted link building, so i use as many keywords as possible.
  • So would I be correct to assume it will still be quality to post on general keywords as long as I'm only linking to Tier 1 or Tier 2's and not my money site?

And what are the websites in a list? Forums? Blogs? 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Ah i thought you meant sitelists but i wasn't sure.

The sitelists that people are selling are a list of verified URLs. You can import them into SER and it will run much faster than if you allow SER to scrape by itself.

For how you approach tier 1, it's up to you. If you use contextual links (articles, social networks and wiki's) you can point them at your money site because the link will be within an article that is related to your niche. So it's a relevant link.

But if you want to be safe then you can only use those links for lower tiers. But then what links will go to your money site?

It depends on your strategy... There are lots of post on this forum and SEO forums that will help you decide your strategy...
  • @toughtrasher: SER scrapes for targets by combining keywords and "footprints" (ex: "powered by wordpress") in Google searches. When SER gets these targets, it tries to find a page on the domain to create an account and start building a link. If you have "articles" selected in your platforms/engines, SER will try to find websites where it can post an article. Same with forums, directories, etc. 

There aren't enough targets to be selective as to what KWs to use with SER. SER is a sledgehammer, not a scalpel. It is a very large and powerful sledgehammer, however.

What guys like us (SERLists) sells are lists of pre-verified URLs to build links on. Scraping takes a long time, and sucks up resources. On similar SER server configurations, you can build 50,000 or more links in 24 hours with a list, while you might get 2,000 by scraping.