Skip to content

Indexer Not Attached to SER

I just got SEO Indexer and expected it to automatically index newly verified SER links just as GAS CB automatically receives Captchas.

I've checked the "Use GSA SEO Indexer to index verified links" box in Options -> Indexing.

I've manually added a link to Indexer and it works. I pointed it to a folder of verified links and it also works.

But, somehow it is not connecting automatically with SER.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can you try sending the links manually using the show verified urls dialog and send from there using the right mouse button?
  • I selected all the verified links (79). The I then selected "Index/ Ping Selected URLs" and selected GSA SEO Indexer.

No activity on the Indexer was apparent after this.
    sorry to hear that. I don't know why this is not working for you. Can you try to start both as admin?
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    The same thing happened to me today, I restarted SER and it worked fine again with seo indexer it seemed like it hadn't connected ..
  • Though my account is the administrative account I did restart SER and Indexer as admin. SER also had an update which I installed.

Am getting new verifieds but again no activity on Indexer.

How should they communicate. Is there a file SER creates for Indexer to read?

If so, could there be a problem because I installed all GSA products on the D: drive?

no file. things are send using windows apis. maybe some firewall/anti virus is blocking it?
  • I temporarily turned off both Windows and Webroot firewalls with no effect on Indexer.

GSA Captcha Breaker is working fine. If communication between SER and Indexer is similar it should work equally well.

then I don't understand.
  • There must be some small setting that is not correct.

But, selecting all the verified URLs after a run and pasting them into the Indexer should work, though not as anticipated.
    if you have a login for me (post in pm) Imight have a quick look.
    edited August 2014
    @BobSherman‌ you do have the option to send to the indexer ticked in each individual project as well as on the global settings? Right? ... Just a thought
  • edited August 2014
    MorphMan, you're a genius.

As I created my projects before I purchased Indexer I did not have that option checked in each project.

When I checked that option in my projects Indexer started up and is indexing.

Looks like the settings in the individual projects override the global setting -- which is quite reasonable.

Thanks again.

And thanks to all for your suggestions.
    edited August 2014
    No worries, I thought it would be something simple like that glad I could help ;)