Skip to content

Removing SER-produced Toxic Backlinks

varthdavervarthdaver Sydney, Australia
Drats.

I remember reading how to remove toxic backlinks, but cannot find the instructions for this again now that I need it.  I have a list of backlinks that LRT says are toxic, and almost all were created by GSA SER.  How do I get SER to delete just the links from the toxic list, while leaving the good ones?

Comments

• Right click, set status, active (remove only).
  • varthdavervarthdaver Sydney, Australia
    There's a little more to it than that.  Matching the list of toxic urls?
  • Well, remove the good ones from show URLs --> verified and then remove.
  • @varthdaver, Active (Remove Links) will remove all your verified links. You may want to try this method. Copy your SER data files to a new folder (C:\SER_DATA_REMOVE). Run SER from that folder, remove the good links, leaving only the bad/toxic ones. Then run Active (Remove Links).

- backup your project and settings files
    - create a new folder e.g. C:\SER_DATA_REMOVE
    - run SER from that folder
    - restore project and settings
    - show Verified URLs and delete the good ones
    - change project status to Active (Remove Links)
    - Start SER

I'm in the process of removing links myself. I find that I need to do it several times before I remove most of it...

• You can't just remove the toxic links. For a project, it's all or nothing. We are going to be writing an article in the near future for SERLists on how to remove penalties. It's a royal pain in the ass. I actually got a penalty lifted in 10 days a few months back. It has to be some kind of record.