Skip to content

LPM below 1 since my last update

Hi,
Somehow since my last update my LPM went to 0.63. I am using 10 private proxies and I was getting about 30 lpm. I don-t know what could have gone wrong, but I do not mess with the program much, I am fine with 30-40 lpm.

Could anyone show me some screen captures or help me with some settings to get better results?
Thanks,
Julio

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    It would be a lot easier if you posted screenshots of your settings so we can see what can be improved, but there are quite a few threads on the forum discussing LPM already.

Try this query in Google: site:forum.gsa-online.de lpm

I say that because it brings up better results than the built in search function here. 
  • Thanks so much s4nt0s. I will try that!
  • This is a screen capture of my lousy results. The sad part is that I was getting about 40 lpm and I just added more emails and now I get almost no lpm, nothing else changed. I am using 10 private proxies and they are all working fine.

Any help is welcome as I am at a complete loss.image
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it's going down to 1 thread as it has a memory usage over 1gb constantly. That however is no issue of the update, but probably of your projects.
  • So how can I make it work then?
  • @jfoppoli 1GB usage isn't that much if you consistently run 200 threads. If you're really limited to 1GB RAM usage, I'd consider upgrading your VPS/machine. Hardly going to work with just 1GB from my experience.
  • How many threads do you think I need to run for 1GB?
  • Not sure, this depends on a lot of factors. The max size which you can set in the settings for a page to download, if you verify automatically, the targets you hit, which engines are selected and so on.

Honestly the only way to find out is to try. Do a dummy project, let it run on XX threads and see how the memory usage / CPU usage is and take it from there.
  • Thanks so much, Theseo1. I will try. I am new to this, so it is a bit overwhelming. Your tips are priceless. Thanks again.
  • BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @Jfoppoli is there a reason you have SER limited to 1 GB of memory usage? If you can crank this up to 2 GB you might find that there is some room to work with here. We have a bunch of servers running 500-1000 threads on a large number of projects to build our lists and the memory usage never seems to exceed 1.5 GB or so. However we limit the number of target URLs imported in to each project for this reason and spend a lot of time doing maintenance and cleaning things up regularly.

As @theseo1 mentioned, if you can buy a better VPS or upgrade your memory so you can raise this to 2 GB you'll be better off. There's posts here on the forum that mention you can run SER with up to 3+ GB using a Windows trick but it just seems to crash whenever I've tried it.
  • Thanks for this info., I will be looking into this! I really appreciate your help.
  • I solved the trouble!!
    My threads number was 1 since 2 days, today I tried to uncheck the 2 boxes:
    - Automatically decrease threads on a CPU usage....   and
    - Automatically decrease threads on a Memory usage.... 

and now I'm having the same 240 threads working as before!!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Thanks so much Peter, I will try that and see how it goes!
  • edited August 2014
    I tried that and it did help a lot! I went from less than 1LPM to at least 20. Not ideal, but so much better. I can live with this! How many proxies do you use in order to be able to use 240 threads?
    Thanks,
    Julio
  • I use 30 shared proxies on a vps of 2 giga ram
  • Thanks so much for your answer. And how many LPD do you get with that?

• LPD?? Maybe you mean LPM or VPM.
    As you know, It all depends of a lot of things.
    With my settings, I usually get around 40-50 LPM when I use a new list (just first days), with a VPM  of around 50-60% (it means 20-25 VPM), and after 1 week using that list I get around 25-30 LPM (and less percentage of VPM).
    But I have 30 projects running. Even with the best settings, the more project you are running, the more LPM/VPM you get (and vice-versa).
  • Oh I see, thanks so much again! (I meant LPM but I messed up! lol)
  • @peterperseo where can I find those options? Thanks.
  • @mynameis940
    Which options? If you mean the options to set SER, there are a lot! Just start here:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/155/inofficial-gsa-search-engine-ranker-faq/p1

http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker

After read this basic manual/settings, you can get more advanced (but easy) tutorials if you buy this list
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/9464/new-two-massive-verified-sitelists-50-000-and-75-000-from-serlists-com/p1

Hope it helps!