Skip to content

Question Regarding Tier 1 Content

Hey guys, quick question regarding Tier 1 content.

When you are building web 2.0 links, using SERengines for example, I know it is usually advised to have decent quality articles for Tier 1. My question is, does that apply to ALL of the articles on 1 particular web 2.0 property, including the articles that do not have any links, or just the particular articles which contain the links to the money site?

So, say I was building a web 2.0 property on Blogger for example. For the first couple of articles I publish, I don't put any links because I don't want the site to be flagged. The third article I publish does contain links to my money site. In this case, can I just make the first 2 articles so-so with maybe a well spun intro paragraph (in the case of human review), then make the 3rd article a highly-spun, good quality article since it is the actual article with a link pointing to my money site?

Hope that makes sense.

Comments

• BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    I would highly suggest that any content with links pointing to your money site is the best quality you can afford. If you can get on a content writing shop and get custom-written articles, then do that. If not, make sure you are using a high quality spun job or WordAI.

Remember, if you place crap content on any webpages, there's a high probably that Panda filters will recognize that it's poorly written, poor grammar, etc. and just toss it in the scrap heap. Your Tier 1 links should be just that - "Tier 1" - so think stuff like real guest blog posts, press releases on legit providers, handwritten content, etc.

Ranking isn't cheap, especially if your niche has a high commercial intent or there's a lot of SEOs fighting for the top spots. Make a real strategy, execute and you'll see far better results.
  • hi @buyserlists I have a question about this as well - if I make a tier 1 can I do a very good manual spin and use the same article (60-70%+ unique) over again on the same blog or does it have to be filled with entirely unique content. Just thinking ahead as some of the guys on here have  20-30+ web 2.0s and that seems very expensive for anything even at a very very low $3 per article (not that I have a source at that price) 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @gsamnewb29 - Lot's of people use spun content and in some cases very badly spun content too.
    I use spun content on web 2.0's and PBN's myself. It's usually 90 - 95% unique and it hasn't hurt me so far... but it's a grey area really.

I agree there is a danger that it could hurt you in the long run, but there is also the argument that lots of people rank and bank with total crap content. So you'll have to make your own judgement on the pros and cons.

I would recommend you get into a niche and start to make good money, when you are earning then you can consider if you want to pay out for quality content for that niche. But i wouldn't recommend you throw doen good money on content in any niche before you know that you can rank and you know the niche is profitable enough.

• BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @gsanewb29 it basically comes down to your budget. Personally when I launch a new parasite or website to try to rank it, I want to win so I don't mind spending some money.

1) Website - 5000ish words of content either I write or buy at $2 to $3 / 100 words. This has to be top quality to ensure that the conversion rate is higher and to try to stay alive in Google's eyes as long as possible.

2) Tier 1 - guest blog posts ($10-20 each on a place like PostJoint), press releases (can be $200ish each), PBNs (bought from providers), SAPE links (usually budget about $200 a month per site), web 2.0s (usually purchased with custom content), aged domains with links for 301s (depends on the domain)

3) GSA links to the Tier 1 properties (just the typical GSA costs)

So as you can see it can cost a bit for me to get something launched, but I'm playing the long game and rarely do any rank/bank/tank stuff. If you're just churning through sites I would use a different approach.

Go with what you can afford... if you only have $5, write your own articles and find a friend to run them through the WordAI Turing spinner to get your spintax.
  • @BuySERlists , wow that is pretty hardcore! I am pretty new to the darker side of SEO, I have a case study live on the forum here for a site I am trying to rank. Appreciate that we have to spend to get what we want, especially specific niches. 

For my main project I hand wrote and hand spun the content (I am native English from UK so that helps a little with the language ) Used that for T1 and I am just using KM3 and GSA to rank. Using GSA for T1 as well. some success so far but only 10 days into the project. 

thanks for teh suggestiosn
  • Having high quality content for SEO on your tier one is the biggest BS in SEO right now, the only time when you should be buying and using high quality content is when you try to get your visitors to buy or sign up.

High quality content for the Google bots is wasting time and money, for your tier one use manual spun content and don't look to much to the uniqueness percentage, have an article written or grab one from ezine and spin at phrase level, make sure it is readable enough so it doesn't get pulled, ad some pictures and video's andt hat is good enough for your tier one.

I'll bet that 99.99% of the people chanting the high quality and unique quality content mantra never did any testing on it, they just read it on some forum, seem logical to then and there you go a myth is born.