Skip to content

What's it used for? (see image attached)

edited August 2014 in Need Help
Hi,

I would like to know what is the function of this options.

I'm having my private proxies banned very fast by Google when scrapping and I would like to know if changing them I could fix the problem. (custom time between queries I have 60 sec)

Thanks!

Comments

• This is the threads that the proxies use. The higher you set them, the faster proxies are checked and scraped - set it higher if you're abusing public proxies and need lots of results in a short amount of time.

If not (I see you're using private and public), you can just leave it as default. Timeout is kind of confusing for me, I think it's the amount of time a proxy must respond to be counted as alive.

• Thanks for responding @zero

That threads is only for checking and scraping proxies? They has nothing to do with search engines?
  • That tab only controls proxies (you can verify this by going to options, and clicking configure - it's by the proxies. I think it also gives information if you hover over it, don't quote me on that though.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes the options are just for testing proxies (timeout/threads) and for scrapping new proxies (threads).