Skip to content

how do I use ser to rank locally?

I have about 70 citations for a local business (a citation is essentially any authoritative site that links to your business, think yellowpages).

Since there is little to no REAL local competition- no one does link building campaigns for such a small business in my local area- I was thinking about doing about 10 highly contextualized links to each citation a day. 

This amount of linking would still be infinitely more than my competition's backlinking campaigns (none) and since there are so little number of links each day I could essentially pay someone like 100$ to make a super well written spun article/comment and reap the reward for a long time.

My only concern is that since I will be going from 0 links/day to the citations up to 10 links a day to the citations, they might get the ban hammer.. On the other hand, each citation site is SUPER high DA (like 80+). What do y'all think? Any advice would be super awesome!

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I have backlinked citations, it didn't really seem to make much difference.

In the past i also used a citation in the description and direct linked to the G Local page - But this seems to be pretty ineffective these days too.

I would probably spend that money on more citations/reviews as i think it will get you better results.

That's my experience but it's a little dated as i haven't done much work with local in the last few months.
  • I want to avoid directly going to local g page just because I don't want the ban hammer. I'll post back when I get results and how I did it.
  • Well, you can use my ranking method (I'd assume it works for low competition local keywords if it works for medium/high comp keywords) I'm giving away for free with a purchase of my list - it has tons of great reviews.. I ranked #1 for both keywords (22k ms and 33k ms) in under a month... (shameless advertising). You never link directly to the money site, so it does what you want too (not being slapped by a penalty).

You can buy it if you want, but seriously...

I'd recommend building some links to the current properties that you have... yes, it'll give some good juice -- regardless of how little it is, like gooner said. If it's as low competition as you state, you should see some improvements.

Also, be active on the social profiles and link to the site/inner pages regularly on statuses, it should be enough if nobody else is doing any SEO.

• edited August 2014
    @zero are you going to answer every single topic just to promote your service??
    It is only 2 days old and getting kind of annoying.

Just letting you know

• @derdor - I already got a warning - launched my BST so I don't have to do that anymore.

If you read the whole reply, you would know that I actually did contribute something to the thread...
  • I'd go on and create 3-4 parasites, stuff like HQ profile pages, business directories and additionally rank them by using SER. You should be easily able to take over at least 2 out of the top5 spots by this and if you wanna play supersafe, just don't link to your money site on the parasites. Works from experience with other local clients ;)
  • @theseo1 - I don't like profile pages, they don't hold much value imo.

OP - have you tried actually spamming or doing some more intensive link building on the social profiles? You can rank those and drive traffic from the page to those.. it'll also pass link juice onto the main target site.

You can be a little less cautious and worried about penalties for those, I've spammed Facebook pages and blogger sites all day, the worst that can happen is them getting removed (this is for CPA/PPD niches only, haha :P)

• I have a VA who creates really good buffer sites about 70 in total. I then build some Tier 2 Web 2 with FCS networker. Then blast the web 2's with GSA. I also had a guy on BHW build citations as well. Also I brought some permanent home page links which gave me 19 PR 3 links and 4 PR 2 links. 

This is for a client of mine. 6 weeks in and she is No 1 for all 5 keywords targeted. These are really easy keywords thou. Totalling about 100 searches a month. But if she got 1 conversion it would make her a big profit. 
  • @micb11 - where did you find your VA? I got a few on Fiverr, and they don't really give you much 'bang' for your buck... lol.
  • edited August 2014
    @zero it's called online reputation management... and it's one of the best choices for local niches. You have to understand the difference between a client site and an affiliate site like most of the sites people using SER blast directly.

There's nothing better / more authentic than a social profile page. Think stuff like about.me, linkedin,facebook... all can be considered a company profile page...
  • @theseo1 - I thought you meant forum profiles... that's what most mean when they talk about when they say profiles :/

I should've clarified :)

• @zero Yeah that says it all... that's probably not what most mean when they're talking about HQ profiles and describing them as parasites.

Ranking a forum profile? Can't understand how you considered this to be an option...
  • @zero I found them on BHW they are not cheap $400 dollars a month for a full time VA. They handle 8 projects a month for me creating exceptionally good buffer sites which I then build tiers to. I have been working with them for 8 months now and the support and advice is fantastic.

These are all client projects.

Type in aggressive white hat seo into google and you will find them. They also do individual pacakages.
  • Thanks for the replies!
  • theseo1

how high PR/DA should the parasite sites (facebook page, yahoo local page etc) be in order for them not to be google slapped?
  • @everyone
    Is there any software for testing OBL on a lot of sites? I'm thinking of only making campaigns for citations with OBL and high PR/DA
  • @elliotps932 - Gscraper can test the OBL - the premium version is great, but I think the free version can do it as well.
  • I got a pizza shop  (KW="Pizza Delivery Suburb")  on 30 P1s (30 suburbs) by making 30 x 30 sec videos and put them on Youtube. They took over Youtube but after the initial burst on Google P1 there are only about 3 videos on P1 now. I also did 4x30 blogposts on the site  and now it's got 30 P1s taking 62 spots. Local is comparatively easy,After 5 months I did lose a few P1s and got a 5rr GSA guy to set up some pyramids - no citations - they worked really well.  I'm now exploring GSA for local further.