Skip to content

100% cpu, low threads

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It's a bit hard to say without knowing your machine specs and your SER setup
  • As you can see, work only 4 threads and consume 100% cpu

Spec: Intel Core i5-4570 @ 3.20GHz & 8GB ram
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Did you try restart the server?
  • Not yet, last log say, Verifying list...
  • edited August 2014
    problem is still exists

I restarted server, reinstall SER and working only on new created projects

• any advice?
    it seems ser got freeze on verification
  • Try to uncheck 'automatically decrease threads' and see if this fixes it. If you watch closely, the 'real' CPU usage and the one you see in SER is sometimes different, at least it's for me across several servers.

How long does it freeze? A couple of seconds or sometimes even a minute happened to me before as well, but usually it continues after this mini freeze.
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    Change html timeout to 180.
  • BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @czeslaw0001 how many threads are you using to check your proxies? I've noticed on some of our installs that when the proxy checker fires up it there is a huge increase in CPU usage.
  • edited August 2014
    @theseo1 - its freeze until i shut him in task manager
    @steelbone - there is nothing changed
    @BuySERLists - now i have 50 threads to proxy check but still some threads get freeze

I saw ppl run 500 threads on this forum and ser work great, why it doesnt work for me?
    I got Win 7 on my dedi, but I dont think this is the reason

BTW
    I run already 2 projects
    1st have verification automatically
    2nd have custom time 60 minutes
    I started them in the same time, why they verify in the same time? This is normal?
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    What other applications do you have running on that machine?

Recaptcha/Captcha solving definitely eats up a bit more memory.

I also see HUGE jumps in CPU usage depending what kind of platforms I'm posting to. Disabling GSA style trackbacks (If your posting to them) can help with this.

The problem with that platform, is most of the pages are HUGE; so each thread is downloading 1-2mbs before posting.