Skip to content

Web 2.0 and Articles Returns No Website to Index

Hi,

I just started using GSA SER recently, after having gone through various posts here I bought 10 private proxies which increase my LPM marginally. I did test project by selecting all the links I got descent amount of back links roughly about 70 to 100 running GSA for about 3 to 4 hours. However, there are issues for which I need your help.

1) When I select all the links and filter out with an option "Uncheck NoFolllow" then it still comes up with No follow links more in number.
2) When I select links and filter it out "Uncheck No Contextual" I get Articles, Web2.0, Document Sharing, Wiki selected but it hardly gets links when do this.

I did test on my another dummy blog by selecting Articles but returned just 4 links after running GSA SER for 4+ hours with 10 private proxy, why does so?

I then did test with selecting only Web 2.0 but it hardly return any links, it just created just 1 link and then started showing up error No Website Found error..

Does GSA has very less number of Web2.0, Wiki or Article sites? If yes then does that mean that we cannot build some what quality links? I wanted to try one of the case study as detailed by Noobwarrior. http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/build-rank-spam-site-beat-google-updates/ I just wanted to follow this but when I did my GSA literally returns very very less numbers.

Really not able to understand what I should do with GSA, it is been more than 3 months since purchased feel like it has just burnt my purse but not getting useful at all.

Comments

• If you provide the below info, I'm sure you'll get some good responses, and I'll assist where I can from my experiences:

1.  What are you asking GSA to do?  Are you scraping for targets to post to, scraping for public proxies, posting
    2.  Do you use a site list to post to, and if so how big is it?
    3.  How many threads are you running GSA at noting you only have 10 proxies?
    4.  What exactly are you looking to achieve with GSA?

• Thanks, let me give you my answers:

1.  What are you asking GSA to do?  Are you scraping for targets to post to, scraping for public proxies, posting
    I am just asking to build Article, Web 2.0 and Wiki contextual DoFollow links. I am not scraping for public proxies. I am using directly Start without any scrape list.
    2.  Do you use a site list to post to, and if so how big is it?
    No I do not use any site list, I am leaving GSA to scrape and then submit.I am not scraping any list.
    3.  How many threads are you running GSA at noting you only have 10 proxies?
    I am not sure about threads, but I am marking Article, DocShare, Web2.0 and Wiki
    4.  What exactly are you looking to achieve with GSA?
    I just want to achieve good quality links and thus get higher ranking. Many are getting success with just GSA SER but why that I am finding it too difficult.

• The key to GSA achieving your desired results is in the setup. This point is mentioned quite a lot on the forum here ie if your setup is not optimal you are limiting your ability to achieve your desired results.  One big lesson I learnt and accepted early on - if you are going to use GSA effectively you have to be willing to invest in the associated items to get that result.  There are always lower or zero cost options, however I feel it's fair to say that with the these options your effectiveness will suffer.  I'm not saying it won't work, simply that it won't be as effective as fast.  

Things that need to be aligned for good performance:

Vps / dedicated server (for speed, bandwidth and uptime)
    Private Proxies (general consensus is 100 threads per 10 proxies)
    Quality site list (an already identified place to post links that has been proven to work)
    Captcha service  (captcha breaker, and then something like spamvilla or reverseproxiesocr)

then you have additional extras that also assist such as askmebot, serengines, indexing service and other backup captcha services.

From what I can see your setup has the following limitations

No Sitelist

You are asking GSA to go out and find places to post to, which it is more than capable to do, however not all will be good.  GSA will have to work through the bad to find the good.  Additionally this takes resources away from your ability to post and as such your posting will suffer.  If you are just starting out, GSA has to build your bank of verified urls from scratch and this will take some time.  There are many places to buy a verified sitelist from here on the forum - I use them myself and have had no problems and good performance.  If you are just starting, just buy one it is a great head start.  So you have a choice, slog it out to build your own verified list, or get a headstart with buying a list.

You are only using 10 proxies.  Again this is more than fine, however if you are scraping for targets and posting, you are asking a lot of your proxies and as such run a high risk of getting them banned temporarily or permanently.  Going by the protocol of 10 threads per proxy, you should not be going any higher than 100 threads and that is not taking into consideration any other work you are asking them to do.

Despite unchecking no follow engines, you will always get no follow links.  It's software, it's not perfect but to be honest it's not a bad thing.  Your link profile needs to appear normal in order to stay below the radar, and normal web properties have a mix of do follow and no follow.  What you are experiencing is normal.

In summary, more than likely your lack of performance is due to:

• asking GSA to do too much all at the one time
    • not enough proxies to share the workload
    • a lack of quality urls to initially post to
    Action steps to get you moving in the right direction right now:

• Buy one verified sit list
    • Only post to your list - do not scrape for targets, do not scrape for public proxies, only use GSA to post
    • Set your threads to 100 (for your 10 proxies)
    If you do these, and your settings are all correct I guarantee you will have an immediate increase in performance.

Hope this helps

Scott

• Scott,

Thanks, I am really willing to put my best efforts but when it comes to buy additions I do have finance limitation. However, I do have bought GSA SER, KontentMachine, CaptchaBreaker and 10 Private Proxy per month. Other than this I am not in a position to invest any more until I get some success.

As regards scrape list, I have heard that using GSA we can scrape does that make sense. Also, is it possible for me to buy Scraped list only once or I should buy them monthly? Can you refer good source to get scraped list at best price.

As regards Set Up, I do have few tutorials downloaded from MatthewWoodward and from Youtube, the same set up I followed. Do you recommend any other tutorial to checkout for GSA Set Up?
  • edited August 2014
    friend me on facebook and then pm me to invite you to my closed group I've just created that is free.  This will be for people who are just plain stuck and I can help.  My name is scott gallon and I live in Perth Western Australia.  I'll give you a list for free that can get you started.
  • Where does your Facebook id mentioned? I could not get the one.
  • @warnbromb.I sent you a PM.