Skip to content

Kontent Machine Articles with Video not showing in GSA Preview

I just uploaded some content made with Kontent Machine 3 that included images or videos in the articles.

I'm looking at the spintags and I see all the youtube embed codes, but when i click on preview I'm always getting Images.

To verify if the spintags were correct, i copied it to TheBestSpinner and when I was previewing there it was working fine, i was either getting an image or video.

Not sure if this a bug?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    could be the anchor text that forces SER to unspin the article to a certain version that includes the anchor text.
  • edited July 2014
    I have created a test file for you to check out:

https://db.tt/dY0TPW0c

Just load that into article manager and preview, you will notice it only brings up only images
  • your test file worked for me - showed youtube videos or images

Yes it must be the anchor text being part of the image-version and not being part of the video version.
  • You guys are great. Thanks so much for the help.

I wouldn't have figured that one out to be the anchor text. :)
    was the original article having a %link% macro what did it have?
  • edited August 2014
    The original article did NOT have a %link% macro in it.

The only setting in the article manager was... Just a link at a random location.

To be honest I still don't know why the anchor text affected it. Just from a simple minded person like myself when you put spintags with an image or a video, i would think it would just pick one randomly.

Not sure why the anchor text gets in the way.

In my example, where I did have the problem, the only keyword I used was "rss". It was an exact match keyword with no other keywords used, esentially 100% frequency.

When I changed the keyword to rss feed, the problem seemed to disappear.

I should mention that when I built my articles with KM3 I used two keywords RSS as the main and RSS Feed as the second keyword.

Just wanted to give you as much info as possible.

SER has a look for a %link% or %anchor_text% macro. If nothing like that is present it searches for the choosen anchor text itself in it. If it found locations, it will unspin that article to that version to make sure it can create a perfect readable version without the need to insert an text link or sentence for the link.

I hope this explains it a bit.

• I got you. I will experiment with macros for more control :)