Skip to content

90 Minute Run, Zero Verified Links...

I bought GSA, bought the captcha-breaker, bought some semi-dedicated proxies, watched Matt Woodward's setup video 3 times and I got GSA setup like he suggests. I've ran the software now for an hour and 15 minutes and I have ZERO verified links, TERRIBLE. The worst part about it is I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. If you would be so kind can you please give me some things to check, or is this just the way it goes?

The only thing that I can think of is I'm using the default email address (thought that every download comes with a new addy). I got some new ones coming on Fiverr.

Right now I feel like I need to wear a bag on my head, if I was the creator of the software I'd kick myself in the junk!

Thanks for your help!

Peace,
Z

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    You should run some Yahoo/MailRU or a better email provider then the default throw away accounts.

We can't really help much without having any idea how you setup everything. If you can, post some screenshots of how you configured proxies, project options, etc.
  • Will do, thx Devin gimme a minute.
  • Sorry Devin, was getting late last night and I passed out :-)  Thanks so much!!

Here are my settings: 

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I'm not sure how many platforms you have selected under each category but you might consider selecting more if you don't have that many selected.

In your project options where it says, "if a form field can't be filled" click on where it says skip and change it to "choose random".

You need better email accounts. Don't use the built in temp accounts if you want better success rates and definitely if you're choosing mainly contextual platforms you need good email accounts.

I don't know what you're using for proxies or how you have that setup and also captchas are important too. Need to see those options.
  • Here are some other things to consider (caveat - I'm not aware of your purpose with this campaign, as this may derail some thoughts below however if you are just looking to build links this will help) :

Lack of link building from what I can see is because of the following:

• Restricted amount of engines selected
    • You are scraping for targets to post to in lieu of only posting to an already verified list
    • You are only using one email address
    If you are only selecting those engines for a reason then it's all good, so just be aware that you will also be reducing the amount of links you will get

By using the scraping function of GSA to find targets, you are taking resources away from posting, in addition GSA will have to work through the bad links to find the good links.  A quality verified list (which you can buy) allows direct access to places that have already been proven to work and as such offer a much higher probability and effectiveness.

Semi dedicated proxies are more than fine, the common train of thought is 10 threads per proxy.  

Amount of emails will determine how many accounts can be created and as such the more emails, the more accounts, the more links.  Personally I use 10 per campaign.

Food for thought with your articles.  Depending upon the reason for the campaign, I will input 30 spun articles, and uncheck the do not submit the same article more than once field.  This will allow GSA to use the same spun article over and over which in conjunction with the 10 emails allows the ability for good link volume.  My understanding is that by having that box checked, you are restricting this ability.

serlists.com is a great place to get a list, as they also provide high quality information about how to set up your GSA effectively.

I understand your frustration, as I've also been there when first starting out.  It's not the software, it's your current implementation and overall setup that is the problem.  If you stick with it, and ride out the learning curve you'll be happy you did so.  The software is fantastic, and delivers fantastic results.  The creator is always looking to make things better and is personally invested in helping here which to be honest does not happen often at all.  

Just my opinion - hope that helps

Scott

• Thanks Scott, I'm not going to give up, love to learn new things.  Overall I'm trying to be careful and walk slowly rather than max everything out.  Many thanks to you and s4antos!

Peace,
    Z