Skip to content

Threads always decrease to 0-2 after some while

Hi,

I'm new in GSA and I'm having problems with my projects.

I haven't got the box "Pause the project after..." checked.

My problem is, when I start the proyect, everything is normal, number of threads is high and GSA build links, but after some hours, number of threads decrease drastically and GSA don't build new links. When this happens, I can see in the log all the time things like this:

And the status of the project is "verification" but it doesn't seem to verify anything because the number of submitted links or verify links doesn't change.

But, If I stop the project and resume it, threads go high and everything is normal. 

I have the box "when to verify: automatically" checked.

Thanks, I hope you can help me.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited July 2014
    normal as email checking is taking place where threads decrease as this takes most of the resources.
  • Hi @Sven

Thanks for responding, but I don't get you. Email checking takes most of the resources? 

The problem is, when threads decrease, they don't go high again. I have been waiting hours, but number of threads were mostly 0-1. I need to stop and resume the project to build links again. 

thank you.
    You seem to use every search engine there is!? Thats of course not very smart. Use just search engines from langauges supported by your project content.
  • I've PMd @Sven about this, I'm seeing similar issues on a fresh installation of GSA on a new dedicated server. No scraping at all, manually imported targets, verification disabled. Everytime the first 'batch' of URLs that GSA inserted comes to an end, threads slow down and take  quite some time until a new batch is loaded (xxx URLs imported) - after the import it works like a charm again until the end of the 2nd batch.

Is anybody else facing this issues recently?
  • @Sven I'm using only search engines from two different languages
    that screenshot had all kinds of startpages search engines in it.