Skip to content

Reason for starting a new project?

I have one project running for my one website, where I sell both paintings and jewelry. So far, my project has almost 500 art related keywords and 2 art-related articles, with urls pointing to the paintings portion of the website. I wanted to add the jewelry side, but don't know if I should create a whole new project with jewelry keywords and jewelry articles, or if I can just add the jewelry article, jewelry keywords, and jewelry sub-url into the project I already have. If I keep it in the same project, mightn't I have the possibility of running a jewelry article in a website about paintings? Or does this not matter. I really don't want to create a new project, but if it is appropriate to do so, then I'll do it.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It's not absolutely necessary but for the sake of relevance i would create a new project, as you said you can have relevant articles, content etc.

Also, you may find that one of other of those niches is much easy to rank for than the other. So for the more difficult niche you might want to ramp up the link building or add another tier maybe. Having them separate makes that much easier.
  • Thanks gooner.
  • I make a new project per keyword usually.